Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently, returned from, my local "toy store" and I had a weapon catch my eye, bigtime. It's a Taurus model 608SS4, ported 4" barrel, 8 shot .357mag wheelie, for just over $400, how can you go wrong? Now I'm usually a "bottom feeder" fan, but this gun, may need to be added to the family and if this gun shoots as well as it looks and feels, it wouldn't be the redheaded stepchild in my collection, for long. I'm sure someone here owns a model 608, any feedback on this gun, would be greatly appreciated, before I go adopt one. ;D

·
Registered
538 Posts
I have a 608 4" Stainless. It is fun to shoot being accurate and absorbs recoil verry well. I have carried this gun concealed, just to see if I could. For 3 days while waring T-Shirts and Short Pants I carried IWB with no problems. I don't do this often because it dose get heavy after a while. I wish they made this Mdl. in a 2" DAO. I mostly use it as a camp gun.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I have the same gun and really enjoy it. I have probably 700 rounds through it with no problems whatsoever and man can it shoot accurately! Even one-handed (strong arm) I can shoot wonders with it with no issues in recoil period. Just this weekend at the range I had a guy set up shop next to me with his 357 S&W (enjoy them too by the way) and the look on his face when he saw what the Taurus could do was priceless. I carry this as well, although in shoulder bag or similar, because it is a tad heavy and hard to hide with my medium frame and short stature. This is the perfect bed-side firearm IMHO.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts