Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
608 Speedloaders ?

Hi Guys,
Does anyone make real speedloaders for the 608? I would like to know before I have to settle for a rubber Maxfire.

P.S. I have a new 608SS8 , 8 3/8 barrel , it came new with the bead blasted gray finnish, but I used Mothers mag polish, and made look almost nickle, I also put on a Hogue fancy wood grip, Wow, it's Beautiful ( if I do say so myself) ha. ;)

Thanks for any help, Skullring.

·
32,737 Posts
Re: 608 Speedloaders ?

There are no other 8 shot loader out there for any of the 8 shot revolvers than what's been stated by rwcreigh already. The two main speedloader makers, HKS and Safariland do not make 8 shot loaders at this time.

Some have had custom gunsmith's such as Cylinder & Slide or others convert the 8 shooters to moonclip use. These are mainly for competition though. There's no reason it couldn't be done for a defense of hunting piece, but it'd be expensive.

The other drawback is if you want to replace only the fired round or rounds and start shooting immediately .
Moonclips can get lost or become bent if not made suficiently strong.

Just something to ponder.

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts

Well I have bought and used a set of 5 rd maxfires in 45colt/410. I had no problems, but as the rounds are tiered on the loader, the two lowest & closest to the frame and a flat spot on the loader would go in first, then a little wiggle to get the others in with an 8 rd rig. You also pull the loader off away from the cylinder and frame sideways, as they do not drop free. If I carry them it is in a belt type camera case, because they make a lump in your pocket big time. I do have some cargo's that the leg pocket handles them OK.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Ok, Thanks Guys...I'll be seeing you around the site,.....Skullring.

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts

rwcreigh said:
I think robby has experience with everything.let me tell ya...the man knows everything
Good God!! Man, I know so little compared to many people here! :p
I just had the bad luck of being an avid reader, and study a lot of information. If I have an item, due to the fact, that I bought MaxFire before I found out that HKS CA44 fit my JUDGE, I would not have had the information. So being dumb helped another person here!! :rolleyes:
You know that is why I love information, and help that I have gotten here. But like anything, you take the information check it out, and if it applies to you, THEN USE IT!!!! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts