Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took some time off from the office today to try out my new 608. First the negatives. I would have been embarrassed to send one of my guns to Taurus as dirty as they sent a new one to me. The revolver had been test fired which is OK. However no attempt had been made to clean it before shipping. All the cylinders were dirty; the front sights blackened from the porting and it took me ten minutes of hard scrubbing to clean the burnt powder from around the forcing cone. It may be a minor point but attention to detail (clean my new gun!!) is what separates a good company from a great company.

Now the good news. I like this gun! It took about twenty rounds to dial in the sights which are some of the easiest to bring on target. I started by shooting 38 special Remington 130gr FMJ and switched over to some home grown 125gr JHP over 4.0gr of Bullseye. Off hand the 608 consistently put the rounds in the bull at 10 yards. Not having the best eyes and shooting indoors at a range that doesn’t believe in light bulbs, I was very impressed with the balance of this gun. SA is smooth with just a slight amount of over travel. I didn’t try the gun is DA so another report may be necessary in the future. To finish off my day, I loaded her up with some 357,s in 125gr JSP. Now, to those of you that said this gun shoots 38,s like 22’s, I agree. For those of you that said it shoots 357,s like 38’s well, I must be getting old and have a limp wrist. You KNOW when this gun is shooting 357’s. Not nearly as “user friendly” as the 38’s but still very manageable.

All in all a very nice revolver and based on my very limited exposure I would have to say that I’m very pleased with its performance.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
glad to hear it. i love pumping .357s down range with mine. i've got a big hand and a lot of ass behind me, so i don't have any problem with it. it's just a warm up for my .44. now that's like a .38!!

BTW, what a coincidence. i'm wearing mine AWS, and i just put some of the same rem. .38s on a beer can out on my back property not half an hour ago. that's cosmic dude

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
98redorangeta said:
Glad to here you like it i was all over the gun show looking for one of these hope to be in the 608 owners club soon.
It took me a while with a lot of research but I'm very pleased with how this revolver shoots. Get one, you won't be disappointed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts