Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my 608 4in will be here next week from buds. I am looking around at holsters and not finding much. I was told A Smith & Wesson N frame 4in holster works fine on the 608 4in. Has any one tryed this with the cost of nice leather holsters I want to be pretty sure it will fit. I can't wait to shoot my new gun I am not expecting much of a kick due to the weight and porting..But I due love a BIG kick and my Raging bull 454 casull gives me that what a fun gun to shoot..Pretty much got the 608 to replace my Glock mod. 22..not liking the safty on Glocks anymore..All it took was a second with my head up my --- and my by far favorite everyday carry gun went to the safe for good..

·
Registered
29 Posts
In the same mode, looking for a holster...

for the same model: 608SS4.

Thanks again for the holster link Qwiks drawl - I see you're just full of....

helpful hints! :D

--
trailhog, time to compare notes....any of those get your attention?
I have traditionally used a soft gun (pistol) case around the house but this time, I thought I'd go with a good leather holster.
Appears to be several makers to choose from but getting a good fit (likewise) is a main concern. I've got a few to check out
too and if any really catch my attention, I'll post a link here for you. I gotta watch the $$ situation though, it'd be easy to
get carried away with a high dollar hand/custom made leather...but I gotta save enough for ammo! :biggrin:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi..Thanks for the links..I am still looking and may try one made for S&W N frame guns..If I go that way I will let you guys how the N frame holster fits. One of the ones I am looking at is this bianchi Model 7001  AccuMold® Thumbsnap Holster Bianchi Leather Holsters . I have a couple already you can adjust the thumb strap so that part will not be a problem. Not really sure why I bought this gun other than 8 shots of 357 mag is coool. I really need a lighter 357 for my wife to carry while on the trails around the area on her horse. Last summer she ran into a odd dude on the trails an now is open to carry. We live in Enumclaw WA. so when we ride from our farm we are really in the woods. Sorry die hard Taurus guys but I carry my Ruger Alaskan 454 casull when in the woods but that is only because my Raging bull is to big but the bull is way more fun to shoot..The Ruger almost has to much kick but man it looks cool...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Like N frame or L frame?

When I've been looking at other websites and they don't list holsters for Taurus per se, I've been tending to look at S&W L frame sized holsters. That's what my S&W model 686 is and I was figuring this Taurus model 608 is more equivalent to that. Is that not correct or perhaps that size difference just isn't significant(??) concerning holster fit. [I'm obviously in the "waiting on delivery" mode for the 608...so don't have it to really 'test fit' anything yet]. :-\

1 - 6 of 6 Posts