Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
40,413 Posts
Does the $400.00 include shipping? Wish you were still in Florida I would very much consider a ftf sale. FFL transfers for me just don't work, all are overpriced or just to hard for me to get there before they close, you know that thing called work gets in the way.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
No kidding I wish I was in Florida too... I lived in Boca Raton... and miss it like crazy, I used to Hog hunt in the northern areas and liked that! The $400.00 includes cleaning kit, holster and gun. I am getting photos up soon as my camera gets here with all my belongings. I Understand the FFL thing and shipping, but I am taking a beating on this as it is! I am just not desperate, this is a deal and a half... period! I am going to also look at local dealers to see what kind of trade $$$ I can get. I really do need a .44 Magnum out here... I can get away with super-high powered .357 magnum according to by-laws, but it's hard to prove 550ft lbs @ 50 yards without documentation to a Ranger, if they see you are only carring a .357 it's off to the county you are a-going and then prove your case in court, I don't want to screw with that!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Just a quick word of testimony about the 608. I bought one NIB a couple years ago, with 6" barrel. This has been a really nice gun to enjoy! My wife and I both like to shoot it. At the price that you're asking, this is a very nice deal! One feature about my 608 that is nothing short of amazing, is the smooth trigger. It is without question the nicest trigger I've ever fired. I wish you well on the sale!

Amistad

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Amistad, I too love the gun, I am shocked that I have not had too many bites on here... oh well maybe I will just keep it as a back up, it is SWEET, no really it is. I got to get a .44 though, this is not negotiable, I have to have one to hunt in Colorado. So I am going to hunt one down!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
New lower price, I hate to give it to a pawn shop or dealer, but will if needed, make an offer if anyone is interested!

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
My goodness, what a fine looking revolver!

Anyone interested in a fine home defense .357 Magnum revolver should jump on this one like a "duck on a June Bug"!

Reactions: djcov1969

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm pretending I'm not interested but I keep coming back to look :p

I do have one question: does it being an 8-round .357 make it a stinking massive revolver? It's hard to get an idea of size from the pictures...

·
Registered
9,164 Posts
The 608 is about the size of a S&W N-frame. Which is only one size below the X-frame that the .500's are made on. Somewhat large for concealed carry, but a whole lot of fun to shoot. If you were in PA i would be all over that deal.

·
Registered
115 Posts
The 608 is about the size of a S&W N-frame. Which is only one size below the X-frame that the .500's are made on. Somewhat large for concealed carry, but a whole lot of fun to shoot. If you were in PA i would be all over that deal.
Thanks. I agree on the location thing. The shipping/FFL thing kills it for me. I probably wouldn't need to conceal (and a 6.5" revolver would be a little hard to hide haha). It would be more of a range/end table thing if I did buy. OP: you have a hell of a gun at a hell of a deal. I'm sure you won't have it too much longer.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Seems to me that if you need 550 lbs of energy at 50 yds, you could do it, no problem, with Buffalo Bore's 180 grain. Their ballistics show 1398fps out of a 5" barrel, so you'd probably get well over 1400fps out of a 6" barrel, (1400fps x 180gr = 783 ft/lbs) 1400fps muzzle velocity works out to about 1275fps/ 650 ft/lbs at 50 yds and about 1172fps / 550 ft/lbs of energy at 100 yds.

Their ammo is expensive, but... it's a thought. Heavy 357 Magnum Pistol & Handgun Ammunition

Reactions: djcov1969
1 - 20 of 22 Posts