Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to pinpoint a issue I am having when aim my 605 poly. If I line up my sights with the rear half notches and the fiber optic is in the middle of the humps it hits low. If I aim with the fiber optic just above the notches it hits true. Is this normal when aiming these revolvers?which of these sight pictures is the correct way?
Sorry for the sideways picture tried to correct it but for some reason it keeps going sideways again
20190518_073441_1558179352469.jpg 20190518_073458_1558179385473.jpg

·
Registered
762 Posts
You may want to try a different weight bullet. Many times this will correct.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

·
23,083 Posts
For some reason the forum seems to do that to cell phone pictures pretty frequently. I don't understand it.

Shame, too, because those are some excellent sight picture photos! Well done. I would expect the first sight picture to give good results. As palabman says, trying different bullet weights might do the trick. All the other solutions involve gunsmiths, and I don't know if anyone does that sort of thing on poly revolvers. But I've never had reason to look.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
For some reason the forum seems to do that to cell phone pictures pretty frequently. I don't understand it.

Shame, too, because those are some excellent sight picture photos! Well done. I would expect the first sight picture to give good results. As palabman says, trying different bullet weights might do the trick. All the other solutions involve gunsmiths, and I don't know if anyone does that sort of thing on poly revolvers. But I've never had reason to look.
I think it does it because people take the pictures with the phone held vertically rather than horizontally. It drives me nuts to see a video from a cell phone when it is held wrong.

·
23,083 Posts
When you click on the bar that says "click here to see the full sized image," it comes up properly oriented. For whatever that's worth.

Back to the point, though, you shouldn't have to resort to the second sight picture, but it's also not unheard of. What range are we talking here, by the way?

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When you click on the bar that says "click here to see the full sized image," it comes up properly oriented. For whatever that's worth.

Back to the point, though, you shouldn't have to resort to the second sight picture, but it's also not unheard of. What range are we talking here, by the way?
Not far from 5 - 10yards. Have tried light powder puff loafs up to full house magnums.

I do find the hotter 125gr and 158gr hit to point of aim with the first sight picture. The lighter loads tend to spread more. The only other thing I can think is that I am pre emptively flinching with the lighter stuff

·
23,083 Posts
Sometimes people do anticipate recoil by pushing the muzzle down. Have you had others shoot it, and see where it hits for them?

Oh, and full house magnums in a poly .357? Wow.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sometimes people do anticipate recoil by pushing the muzzle down. Have you had others shoot it, and see where it hits for them?

Oh, and full house magnums in a poly .357? Wow.

Have not had anyone who has wanted to try it because it is a poly and they are scared of the recoil lol

Yep currently carrying double tap 125 gr bonded they actually feel nice with a good purchase. When I first bought it my grip was off and it hurt bad but once I corrected it the full house mags are not bad. If you lock you elbows tenis elbow is a given also.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts