Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought this revolver and have mostly been firing 38 & +p but last weekend went to an outdoor range and shot 357 mag for the first time. The recoil was manageable, but there seemed to be something shooting out of the left side of the gun when firing. Something actually hit my buddy’s arm in the next bay over and drew a bit of blood. He said it seemed like a small piece of metal. The gun seems fine after cleaning and firing 38 again when at the range didn’t have the same issue. Anyone experience anything like this? Is it a result of 357 in the poly fun?

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
I recently bought this revolver and have mostly been firing 38 & +p but last weekend went to an outdoor range and shot 357 mag for the first time. The recoil was manageable, but there seemed to be something shooting out of the left side of the gun when firing. Something actually hit my buddy’s arm in the next bay over and drew a bit of blood. He said it seemed like a small piece of metal. The gun seems fine after cleaning and firing 38 again when at the range didn’t have the same issue. Anyone experience anything like this? Is it a result of 357 in the poly fun?
Sounds to me like the timing isn't right. Seriously, I would have it looked at. Sounds like some of the bullet is getting "shaved" off in the forcing cone.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sounds to me like the timing isn't right. Seriously, I would have it looked at. Sounds like some of the bullet is getting "shaved" off in the forcing cone.
I would agree 100%. I bet that cylinder is over rotating. The cylinder lock isn't catching or disengaging due to the recoil of the higher powered rounds would be my guess. I had a smith model 29 that would do the same thing with mags. Yes definitely have it looked at.

Reactions: taurustoter
1 - 3 of 3 Posts