Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. New to the forum, so I would appreciate some expert insight.

I have owned a 605 for quite a number of years and it has proven exceptionally reliable and actually quite accurate all things considered. I also have (today) purchased an 851 ultra lite as an alternative for carry.

After shooting roughly 40-50 (standard pressure 38) rounds at the range this weekend through the 605, the revolver's action was getting quite 'tight' and it seemed like the trigger was stacking heavily. I got home that evening and began cleaning the guns. I was having significant trouble cycling the 605 by thumbing the hammer. It was on only 1-2 of the cylinder positions. The other three seemed tight, but i could rotate the cylinder by moving the hammer to single action and releasing. I had convinced myself to send the revolver to Taurus as I literally couldn't pull through the trigger or cycle manually by cocking in a couple of cylinder positions. However, I decided to go ahead a clean in advance. After all, why not send Taurus a clean gun for service? This is the first hiccup of any sort with the gun.

After cleaning with gun scrubber, the action was operational again. I could manual cycle through all five positions and the trigger pull was fine. Everything seemed fine and trigger pull returned to smooth and normal. Can't say as I have experienced this before? What type of obstruction could have occurred? Should I be concerned that it is some sort of indicator of pending future mechanical failure? Or, just some obstruction that was somehow introduced into the action? I intend to get it back out in the next week or two, but was interested in insight in the meantime.

I clean after each shooting and have perhaps 400 rounds through the gun.

Thanks!

Dan

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Qwiks draw / jkwas -

Thanks for the thoughtful and detailed responses. I have read and noted the information. Very helpful!

Dan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts