Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having ordered new grips from Thailand in early March I finally received same yesterday. The hold up was due to the Corona-19 Virus mess, not the supplier.
Anyway on to my observations. Fit and finish, excellent, even better than I thought they would be. Ordered in the darker wood color and it is also excellent. Grain matching is very good. My original concern was what fit this pistol as Taurus stated basically that I was stuck with the factory grips due to the roll pin mounting and nothing else would fit. Well per info on this site any small frame grips should fit so I ordered some. No one expected the problems coming with the Corona-19 stuff and shipment got held up en route. Guess it was worth the wait, they fit well, look great and change the whole feel of this pistol. Even it isn't a 12 round wonder 9 I do think it will be fit into my carry routine quickly.

Sorry I'm computer illerate and posting skills for pictures seem to be beyond my capability.

·
Banned
134 Posts
I got a set of grips on Ebay, probably from Thailand, and they fit, but the grain was great on one panel and really nonexistent on the other. They just looked plain crappy.
Fortunately, or unfortunately, I had a brain fart when placing the order, and placed two orders. By the time I figured out that I had done that, both had been shipped and couldn't be canceled.
The 2nd set has not arrived yet. I am hoping that when it does finally get here that the panels will have nicer grain, or that the color matches the set I have and the right panel has great grain in it so I can mix and match panels.

I also got a set of these from Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0784BZKWL/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
They are mango wood and look fabulous. The grips I received look pretty much just like the picture.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts