Taurus Firearm Forum banner

605 holsters

15K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Nomad 
#1 ·
I suck at searching, and am 100% sure that this has been covered...

I decided to get the 605 for me, and I'll get an 85 later... when I can find an older one.

Does the 605 fit in all 85 holsters?.... Something tells me no.

I'm used to a BLACKHAWK serpa or Don hume JIT for my carry. What else do you guys suggest? I'm thinking of making a hybrid Kydex/Leather holster in the near future, but I'll need to order something to use until I get around to it.

#3 ·
Yes, 605 fits in 85 holsters, but does not fit in holsters made, specifically for a S&W 'J' frame.
White Hat Holsters make a kydex/leather hybrid IWB for the 605/85 revolvers. I also have a CBST for my 605, but it is less than comfortable. I have a White Hat Holsters Maxtuck for my Bersa Thunder 380, and I don't even know it is on, (I'm wearing it now). The kydex shells are removable/replaceable, for use with different weapons. A little time spent, and you save $30 or $40. I am not affiliated with White Hat Holsters, at all. I just like their stuff.

#6 ·
That looks like a nice holster jr612, although I'd have to learn how to use a thumb snap. I'll probably go with the JIT for now and make my own when I get the supplies. I've worn a CB for a little while (couple hours) with an M&P full size. It was pretty comfortable at the 4-5 o clock position. I think I can improve on what's available. Thanks guys.

#7 ·
I'm a big fan of the JIT. I have them for most of the handguns that I own.

#12 ·
I just bought a 605 myself, I have been pocket-carrying it in a Blackhawk #4 that used to hold my Kahr CM40, and more recently, my XDs 45. Feels comfortable and a little less noticeable than the automatics.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.