Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my little stainless 605 out tonight. Not a good session. The cylinder release spring has so little tension that the gun will not function. Works fine if I hold it back with a finger. Really only has a few hundred rounds through it. Something I could replace in there or should I just send it back to the mother ship?

·
Registered
810 Posts
FWIW, here is a parts diagram that might help?

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/gun-manufacturer/taurus/revolvers-tau/605

I noticed there is a bolt spring part #21? Perhaps it popped off the mechanism or broke? There are a few youtube vids on Taurus revolver disassembly IF you are comfortable going DIY, otherwise I'd say ship it back but expect a longish wait, due to the recall work.

·
22,321 Posts
I'd take it apart and see how things look. Maybe the spring has just slipped out of position. Not a big deal.

·
8,552 Posts
You will be looking at both parts 20 and 21 once you remove the side plate. Also is a possibility something is keeping the cylinder catch from fully engaging the cylinder...dirt, grease, crud. Is your cylinder release thumb piece mounting screw tight? If both of these checks do not resolve, then it is time to check that part 21 (spring) is correctly installed and not damaged.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts