Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody own both? i am wanting to see how tall each one is. I know that the 617 is similiar to my tracker 627. if anyone would be willing to measure for me that would be great.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hold on and let me go get the camera..........

What you see here is a Tracker 627 and a M85UL. The Tracker is built on the compact frame like the 617, but has a 4" barrel. The M85UL is the same size for all intents and purposes as the 605.

I used to think the 627 was a small gun until I got my 85. Now I feel like I am carrying a hand cannon when I pick up the 627.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i finally got my hands on a 605 and its just a little smaller than i was wanting.....so i am ordering a stainless 617 and a set of hogues. i have 3 speedloader for my 627 so i won't have to buy any of them. thanks to all who replied

·
Registered
545 Posts
I like to carry my 617 IWB and my 605 week side back pocket. 2 / 7 shot Speed Loaders in right front pocket for 617 and 2 Speed Strips in left front pocket for the 605. I have never read or herd of a privet citizen needing any more firepower than that.

·
Registered
89 Posts
fords4life said:
i finally got my hands on a 605 and its just a little smaller than i was wanting
Funny, that's exactly why I bought the 605. :D

·
Registered
545 Posts
I think some of these pepole watch too much TV. They think they are going to stand out in the open arms locked in a Clasic Weaver Stance and blase away with 20 rounds of ammo then slap in another mag and keep shooting. I have never had the need to use a firearm to save myself and hope I never do. The two people that I do know and every story I have read about Self Defence shooting, Nobody ran out off ammo and died. I have read a few stories ware they did go to a backup gun to end a problem. I am not talking about a Duty Cop, I'm refering to the average Joe.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I, too, bought the 605 because it was small, therefore easy to carry and conceal.

And I agree with Dave, except that as a former LEO I did have the rare occasion to use a firearm and hope I never have to do so again. More to the point, most potential perps tend to look elsewhere when they realize you've got a gun.

But it never hurts to carry a speedloader or a speedstrip. If you practice, practice, practice reloading it pretty much obviates the need to carry a backup gun, and perhaps just as fast as going for the backup.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts