Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does safariland have a comp I speedloader that works with the taurus 605? also trying to find a behind the back holster for it.

whats the closest revolver taurus make to the 605 in a .22lr?

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
The speedloader for a Smith J frame will work with your 605. I have 2 of them for my M85, along with a couple of speedstrips as another option.

The closest revolver would be the M94 series. They are available in blued or stainless with barrels from 2" to 5". The only thing really different is that the 94's have adjustable rear sights and the 2" models have a red plastic insert in the front sight.

I will say, based on mine and a couple of reviews that I read, the trigger will be much heavier than your 605. There is a world of difference between my M85 and my M94. But, after practicing with that heavy pull, my M85 becomes even more sweet. And yes, I do like mine.

Steelheart

·
Registered
128 Posts
I think I have web links and hard copy data on behind the back holsters for a Model 605, but probably listed as Model 85 or Smith/Wesson J Frame in the size category. I'll look this weekend.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have been looking for some "Extras" for my 605 as well. I really desire a wallet holster, I want to be able to put it in my pocket. (front or back) But it seems they are hard to come by. What do you gents use? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
For pocket holsters, the basic Uncle Mikes works decent for front carry but I haven't been impressed for back pocket carry. FYI I'm using mine with a M85.

I've heard great things about Mika's Pocket holster but have never tried them myself. Here's the link:

http://www.frontiernet.net/~akim/

I don't know if you will be able to find 1 holster that will work well for both front and back pocket carry.

Steelheart

1 - 5 of 5 Posts