Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I may have to take a drive and check this place out. The range will be a welcome change, as there is no long-range range that I know of in the area.

May even check out their course offerings, I love taking additional training, especially if I can help support a veteran owned business.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Why can't ranges like this, or any range for that matter, open here in southern WV?

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do, and if I can see the target, I can hit it.
600 yards is the maximum effective range for the AR, and not even close to the maximum range for the 91/30. (2000 meters)
I can print out targets at the required size for any range up to the limit of my rifles.
You just need a big enough piece of cardboard to tape it to and a way to mount it.

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
It might well be the longest range open to the public but the North State Shooting Club in Butner, NC has 1000+ yard range.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I'll for sure check it out. Gastonia isn't far at all (45 min) via back roads from me.

gwk1951, Crowders Creek is off of Hwy 321 just over the state line north of York, SC

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Bout a 2 hour drive from home, but have family that lives closer. Would like to check it out.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, just in case I do get the chance to go there.
SN853079.JPG

1 - 10 of 10 Posts