Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from central Illinois everyone. You can call me Turp or anything except late for dinner. I've never "owned" a gun of any kind before yesterday. I have been researching the sport and all the weapons on the market for a couple of years. It started when I witnessed a gang style shooting within 50 yards where my wife and I were having dinner. at that point I hadn't ever paid any attention to all the gun debates and law activities. That being said I was going to go buy a gun and start carrying, only to find Illinois sucks butt and doesn't have a CCW on the books. But now that it will happen I pulled the literall trigger and started with something modest. Taurus PT 111 Gen 2.

I should be able to shoot it first time this weekend. Glad to meet everyone, and please let me assist you in any way I can.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Welcome to the TA forum Turp. You've found a great place to tap the wealth of experience that these folks are egar to share.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Welcome from Dallas, TX!
Congrats on your new firearm. Just remember to clean it very well, and lube it lightly.

·
Registered
29,960 Posts
Welcome aboard from Florida the "GunShine" state. :icon_ lala:

State of over "1 MILLION 120 THOUSAND" Concealed Carry Licenses and counting

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
Welcome Turp from central Hellaware... Now go get me a beer from the fridge..:)

·
Registered
701 Posts
Welcome from little ole New Hampshire if you can have someone
With you or Instructor ...stay well & safe

·
Super Moderator
40,704 Posts
from the Florida Keys! :wave:

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Welcome from Ohio!!

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Welcome from Kentucky!

·
Registered
558 Posts
Welcome! I hope the new law in Illinois will make it easier for people who travel with concealed weapons to "pass through."

Reactions: darbo

·
Super Moderator
38,026 Posts
Welcome from Northern Illinois! Congrats on the new pistol and seriously consider taking some gun courses if you have access in your area.

Joining the Illinois State Rifle Association and sending our a few hundred emails and phone calls to our Legislators would also be a good idea also as they are always trying to find new ways to curtails our natural rights to bear arms and defend ourselves.

Reactions: darbo and Lmstncwby

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Texas,
Please do as Czechbikr says and take some gun courses,

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Welcome from StL MO!! Here's to a swift passing of the IL CCW and a SHALL ISSUE standard to boot!! ;)

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Welcome from South Tulsa.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Welcome, you may want to entice your wife to at the very least take the safety courses as well. The right time to figure out how to use a gun is NOT when you need it.

You might be surprised, my wife was not interested at all, but once she started firing, she never looked back!

1 - 20 of 68 Posts