·
Registered
24,939 Posts
You are a cruel enabler.

Reactions: Yissnakk

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
I'm confused. I'm not seeing where the mistake was. But congratulations!!! You got a good deal there!

Reactions: PreacherRodgers

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
Dang you Preacher!!! I had a little over $500 saved up for something special for my airplane and you post this super deal on something I never even dreamed of owning. Since when do you go around tempting people. I must resist...…. Dang you Preacher!!!!

·
Super Moderator
37,996 Posts
Whew...if I was in a little better shape financially I would be all over that deal...

I almost grabbed the upper figuring I could get a lower or build one for close to that price....then started thinking of the cases, bullets, dies and so on...

Maybe the next time.

·
Super Moderator
37,996 Posts
CZechbikr, Self control is a terrible thing. LOL

I view it more as pragmatism. Need or even perceived "need" versus cost and benefit. It wouldn't do much more than my 300 BLK which I have as a 16" carbine and 10.5" pistol, and in addition to the costs I've already calculated...I would probably need a larger safe which would add 700-1000 onto the cost of acquisition. Now if the right M1 Garand crossed my path with an attractive price on it, I might have to re-evaluate.

·
Super Moderator
14,007 Posts
I view it more as pragmatism. Need or even perceived "need" versus cost and benefit. It wouldn't do much more than my 300 BLK which I have as a 16" carbine and 10.5" pistol, and in addition to the costs I've already calculated...I would probably need a larger safe which would add 700-1000 onto the cost of acquisition. Now if the right M1 Garand crossed my path with an attractive price on it, I might have to re-evaluate.
Wow. Clear-headed, logical and practical thinking this early in the morning. Just what caffeinated beverage do you consume when you get up? I must either avoid it like the plague, or have some on hand for those more difficult mornings when I just have to get moving.

·
Super Moderator
37,996 Posts
Wow. Clear-headed, logical and practical thinking this early in the morning. Just what caffeinated beverage do you consume when you get up? I must either avoid it like the plague, or have some on hand for those more difficult mornings when I just have to get moving.
Actually that was pre-coffee and probably a rationalization of why I didn't take advantage of such a great deal...(I was up at 0615)

AJ has a 6% rebate on PSA right now. Thet should cover your transfer fee.
Spoken like a true enabler! You fit in well here! :D

Reactions: TonyC2639

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

I would probably trade one of my kids for the "right" M1. :angel:;D

·
Registered
985 Posts
i would have recommended this one:pSA Gen2 PA10 18" Midlength Nitride .308 WIN 1:10 Upper With BCG and Charging Handle - 516445313 same price but nitride barrel. I reall have fallen in live with nitrided barrels. I wanted the version with the lightweight freefloat handguard, but the price($499 when they show up) was way too much. If i could get the barrel nut off i'd put one on myself but haven't been ableto do it with my resources. needto see if i can find a local gunsmith to do it i guess
Last night I saw PSA had a Daily Deal for a complete PA10 upper for $299. :eek: So I made the mistake of looking at the price of a complete lower. $179 :eek:

Well, they are on their way.

YOU HAVE TILL MIDNIGHT EASTERN STANDARD TIME TO BE LIKE ME. :confused::confused: ;D:D:confused::confused:

PA10 upper still on sale
https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa...r-with-bcg-and-charging-handle-516445344.html

PA10 Lower for sale
https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-gen2-pa10-308-complete-classic-lower-receiver-77932912.html

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,420 Posts
Thanks for the tip, but I'm really jones-ing on a 6.5G pistol with a 12.5 barrel.

Attachments

Reactions: PreacherRodgers

·
Registered
985 Posts
I just revisited converting my PWA upper to free float handguard, Spoke with PWA and they gave me all the specs on height and barrel nut threads and pointed me to the free float handguard they use and sell(hidden somewhere on their site) but the cost is $180m and weighs 12oz. That got me looking on the web and cheaper versions and weights. looks like 12oz for a 12" one is about as light as they go, maybe more plus the barrel nut. so brain flash, i weighed the plastic ones and they come in at 8oz. So i was going to expend money for the handguard plus a gunsmith or tools and the rifle was going to weigh +4 oz or more, for MAYBE a little better accuracy.
Decided not worth it in my case. Competition with handloaded tuned ammo, yes, but for 200 yd gong banging, 1 1/2 moa with mil surplus is good enough for me.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I'll probably leave mine stock also.

A set of trigger and hammer springs is about all I will consider.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts