Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've got a little extra cash and am feeling like maybe I need a really, really big rifle. I have been looking at a few 50 bmgs. I don't want to spend over $3000. One that has caught my eye is the Noreen Noreen Ultra Long Range Rifle from Only Long Range . Anyone have any experience with it? Any recommendations for other 50 bmgs? Don't try to talk me out of it.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Man, that looks nice but it shoots farther than I can see!!

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
So, I've got a little extra cash and am feeling like maybe I need a really, really big rifle. I have been looking at a few 50 bmgs. I don't want to spend over $3000. One that has caught my eye is the Noreen Noreen Ultra Long Range Rifle from Only Long Range . Anyone have any experience with it? Any recommendations for other 50 bmgs? Don't try to talk me out of it.
Try and talk you out of it?!!! I was going to try and talk you into bringing it to Ohio so I could try it! :D Looks like one mean piece of hardware - most likely on both ends. :D I wonder what it will do to a ferrell pig.

·
Administrator
35,310 Posts
My parents have a farm twenty miles from me. I don't think the gun range I go to would appreciate it.
:D No, probably not. At least you do have some place to let some rounds off though. It may sound like artillery fire, but hey, the neighbors will get used to it. ;)

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
It's going to be a blast to shoot. I wish I could give you advice, but I've never even considered getting a .50bmg. At $4-5 a round I would need a second job just to shoot one! Post up pics when you get one!

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
i would go with the .408 chey tac it is proven to be the most accurate long range cartridge available. like others stated you will will need good optics which will be $1,900.00 and up. chey tac sells a model with a nightforce scope already mounted, but the mrsp is just under $5,000.00.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts