Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
What are all the available aftermarket sights available for replacing the 3rd Gen PT111 Mil Pro Heinie sights right now? What products would fit? Is there a complete list? Did anyone try these sights listed above yet? Any feedback? Would installing these void my warranty?

It's not just getting used to Heinie sights and getting the right sight picture with my PT111, they're just plain way the f*ck off vertically! As everyone has posted here, way low! I've been used a method of point shooting to target practice, the sights will only get me on target horizontally (from left to right), getting used to not shooting low I have to improvise. Maybe a good issue for Richard from Taurus CS!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I have to correct my earlier post. I've now shot around 500 rounds through the PT111 and beside preforming flawlessly I am now getting the hang of the Heinie sights. With more practice I'm sure I'll get even better.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
So are you saying that the original rear sight is good with the new front you had to peen(?) to tighten the dovetail. I saw your earlier post on the installation of sights. I don't feel confident in peening (if that's the correct term).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.