Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TPU SERIES: ADJUSTABLE REAR SIGHTS FOR AUTOMATIC PISTOLS

These adjustable sights can be purchased for under $50 from Ajax Custom Grips... http://www.ajaxgrips.com/ajax/psi

They can be purchased with either two dots (series 30) or a white outline (series 18)

The 24/7, Mil Pro & PT1911 dovetail is .370

The Taurus PT92 series is .364

PSI-TPU29TS18 Taurus PT-92,99,100,101,PT58 White Outline (Rear Sight Only) $48.95
PSI-TPU29TS30 Taurus PT-92/99/100/101/PT58 Twin White Dot (Rear Sight Only) $42.95

This should allow the sight to be secured with the set screw without shimming. The front sight should be useable given the ability to adjust the sight vertically.

Not everyone will want adjustable sights since they are more delicate by nature and prone to snag... however, should you wish to have them... here is an option!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Cimarron -
I'm very interested in the TPU rear adjustable sight for my 24/7 Pro .45. Price and features are right. Have you actually installed the sight? If so, are you happy with it? Does it provide for adequate elevation adjustment to accommodate the Heine front sight blade?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Cimarron -
Two more questions. Is the TPU rear sight notch compatible in width with the width of the Heine front sight? Do the TPU/Heine dots line up properly? In other words, is the TPU/Heine sight picture OK?

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quick answer... I've not tried this option. I found it and the correct dovetail, but I've not tried it. I have used these types of rear sights and the worked well with existing front sights. Hope someone might take this and run with it.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
What are all the available aftermarket sights available for replacing the 3rd Gen PT111 Mil Pro Heinie sights right now? What products would fit? Is there a complete list? Did anyone try these sights listed above yet? Any feedback? Would installing these void my warranty?

It's not just getting used to Heinie sights and getting the right sight picture with my PT111, they're just plain way the f*ck off vertically! As everyone has posted here, way low! I've been used a method of point shooting to target practice, the sights will only get me on target horizontally (from left to right), getting used to not shooting low I have to improvise. Maybe a good issue for Richard from Taurus CS!

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I have to correct my earlier post. I've now shot around 500 rounds through the PT111 and beside preforming flawlessly I am now getting the hang of the Heinie sights. With more practice I'm sure I'll get even better.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've done a little more exploring. I tried these on my PT1911, but because of the lowered rear sight base, the gun shoots about 8" low even with the rear sight fully raised.

Obviously, the flat topped 24/7 and MilPro's would be a very good try, but I've also looked at the "philosopy" of the MilPro (which I have) is a combat pistol and the solid Heinie sight is more in common than the adjustable... and with the front sight replaced with a fiber optic it shoots dead on.

If someone is interested in an adjustable for a 24/7... I've got on that fit's perfectly.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
So are you saying that the original rear sight is good with the new front you had to peen(?) to tighten the dovetail. I saw your earlier post on the installation of sights. I don't feel confident in peening (if that's the correct term).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts