Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am starting to see the price of bulk 5.56 ammo going up. I was searching online yesterday for some M193 or M855 ammo in bulk. I found some Federal M193 55 gr.(500) on Ammoman for $185 with shipping included. I bought one yesterday around 11am. I was searching again today and went back to Ammoman and the same ammo today is $209.
Here we go again. If it's not one thing it's something else...:)

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I say w ban Barak H. Obama instead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Yeah -It's Letter Writing Time Again!!

BATFE wants the SS109 bullet and the M855 round of 5.56 or .223 to be banned as it views it as armor piercing AND can be fired from (an AR style carbine) pistol and therefore a more serious police AND civilian threat.

There is widespread press on this:
http://bearingarms.com/goodbye-greentip-atf-seeks-ban-common-ss109m855-5-56-ammunition/

BATFE info (17 pages of horse dookey!) here as PDF download: http://www.atf.gov/sites/default/fi..._primarily_intended_for_sporting_purposes.pdf

Get the attention of your Kool-Aid drinkers especially if they do not know a bolt-face from a “shoulder thing that goes up.” :mad:

Reactions: ICUKev and Aberdog1

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Everything is starting to disappear. PMC, M195, M855. I saw this coming from a mile away. I'm ahead of the curve this time...:)

·
Registered
15,075 Posts
Luckily I was able to be ahead of this one as I finished my AR build a couple of weeks ago and stocked up on Ammo. I've also seen the ammo prices spike over the last few days since the ATF proclamation. I'm thinking it's going to be challenged pretty hard core this time around as the 5.56/.223 is the predominant round of choice these days. At least I can still get Mosin ammo.

Reactions: mingaa

·
Super Moderator
40,614 Posts
I saw a few vendors selling 5.56 for 34¢-36¢ per round this past weekend at the gun show. Most were still at 50¢ per round still.

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
The sky is falling again.. They never give up..

Reactions: mingaa and Aberdog1

·
Registered
36,678 Posts
IT doesn't matter if it was a 25 grain bullet, once people got the idea that they couldn't get it they would pay ridiculous prices to get it.
hell if they had tried to regulate a pink and purple tipped bullet then everyone would be looking for it, I guess just to say hey I found it and I got it.
My local range/gun shop had 556 PMC 62 grain green tip that was like 7.99 per box of 20 last range visit, i was thinking about 200 rounds to supplement my brass stash, we will see if they still have that when I visit next time.
one good thing I am fairly sure it will be the same price as they have not ordered more I am sure, the had cases and cases stacked up.

Reactions: mingaa and Aberdog1

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Yup it's also that time of year when prices go up for ammo (income tax time). They know those refunds are a stimulus package for ammo/gun sales. :)

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
IT doesn't matter if it was a 25 grain bullet, once people got the idea that they couldn't get it they would pay ridiculous prices to get it.
hell if they had tried to regulate a pink and purple tipped bullet then everyone would be looking for it, I guess just to say hey I found it and I got it.
My local range/gun shop had 556 PMC 62 grain green tip that was like 7.99 per box of 20 last range visit, i was thinking about 200 rounds to supplement my brass stash, we will see if they still have that when I visit next time.
one good thing I am fairly sure it will be the same price as they have not ordered more I am sure, the had cases and cases stacked up.
Keep us posted on the outcome. I'll bet you a RC cola and a Moon Pie that it's gone already...:)

·
Super Moderator
40,614 Posts
Keep us posted on the outcome. I'll bet you a RC cola and a Moon Pie that it's gone already...:)
They still make RC Cola? Have not seen it since I was a kid in Ohio.

Reactions: olfarhors
1 - 14 of 14 Posts