Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOW! Either I've been sleep walking the last few months or I'm just a dope. I spoke to the dealer that is selling me my PT145 this morning, and he said he spoke to Taurus about the serial number of the gun I was getting to make sure it was a 3rd generation. The guy from Taurus said it was not a 3rd generation, but actually a 4th generation model. He said all the models with the accessory rail are the 4th generation. I had no idea. I don't remember seeing any threads or anything saying that there was indeed a 4th genration. This is a complete revelation to me. Did anyone out there no this? And if so, are the other differences other than the accessory rail?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hmm, interesting. I guess I have the 4th generation then. I did notice that my 3rd gen PT111s' loaded chamber indicator did not show red like my PT145 does. I dunno if other gen 145's do or not.

·
Registered
131 Posts
gunzrfunz said:
Hmm, interesting. I guess I have the 4th generation then. I did notice that my 3rd gen PT111s' loaded chamber indicator did not show red like my PT145 does. I dunno if other gen 145's do or not.
Your's is probably worn out then. My 3rd gen PT111 shows same as my (guess) 4th gen PT145.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Actually, I sold that gun to an aquaintance at work last year, but I see it when we go to the range. He rarely goes, and I bought gun new last spring. It prolly has only seen about 1k rnds through it, so I doubt it to be "wore out", unless the red paint comes off easily. I don't ever remember seeing red like I see on the PT145.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My impression, for what it's worth, is that the PT145 Pro with the single action / double action firing system is the fourth generation, the third generation had the rail for accessories and the second generation was simply a redesign to fix the frame problems with the first generation.

I just traded my PT145 3rd generation, dao with rails for a PT145 Pro. I'm very happy with the new pistol and it seems to "eat" anything I feed it including my wimpy 200gr cast semi wad cutters over four and a half grains of red dot.

The only failure in several thousand rounds with the old gun was a broken recoil spring. The end of the plastic rod broke off but the gun kept working until Taurus sent me a new one. As a matter of fact, I even got them to send me two and I still have one if anyone needs it, pay the postage and it's yours.

The new PT145 has seemingly addressed that weak point as the recoil spring assembly is completely redesigned with METAL parts and dual springs. I'm very pleased to see the continuing progress on this fine pistol design.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts