Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While putting together a batch of .45acp brass to decap and re-size, I noticed that a few of them have what, i would assume, are
marks from the ejector on the angled section of the extraction groove. As I am a nooblet reloader, I thought it would be wise to
ask if there would be any issues reloading these.

The pics arent the greatest, but you should get the idea.

View attachment 44744 View attachment 44745 View attachment 44746

·
Administrator
35,560 Posts
I don't think they are an issue, until they get to the point where they start sticking when you put them in your press. I had one case from all of the ones I've reloaded, that finally got stuck and wouldn't budge, that I had to throw away - I think it was what you describe but it had misshapen the case.

·
Registered
36,775 Posts
Yep, I agree!
if worried about the case rim only a bright area that might indicate a crack or weakened case is what to look for and thats
not likely to happen right there!
as long as they fit into the shell holder more than they likely will be fine.
after several reloadings they become such a PITA that you just want to chunk them instead of fighting them into the shell holder.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Gents. I figured they would be alright, especially considering that it's the "meaty" part of the case, but thought it better
to be safe and ask. :)

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
I have a Shellholder that will do that to a case during the reloading process. The manufacturing tolerances are just a little too tight

1 - 5 of 5 Posts