Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, anyone used/try this? I have several boxes of doubletap that I use for EDC only. I don't use them at the range because of the price. I found and bought a 500rd case of Blazer CCI to use for pratice at 13.99$ 50rd box) (10 boxes @ 151$ to my door) but never used them, your thoughts and range report please.

http://www.palmettostatearmory.com/1297.php

·
Registered
31,697 Posts
I have shot a lot of the Blazer Aluminum in .45 acp and 9 mm and have found it to be great ammo. That is a very good price on .45 acp. The Blazer shoots fairly clean compared to Winchester and Remington UMC.

Our local stores don't carry it much anymore. I still have a lot of Blazer Brass which was carried by Walmart until a couple of years ago when it was replaced with the Federal Champion Brand (as both brands are now owned by the same company.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
I also have shot quite a lot of Blazer, but it was the brass casings. Worked just great in my Ruger 345..Have a Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I bought a number of boxes at the Black Friday sale at Academy but it was the brass case stuff. I had a Bersa .45 UC Pro that would NOT cycle the steel case Blazer because once the pistol was warm, the steel case expansion caused the cases to stick in the chamber. You could see extractor marks on the rim but had to not the spent cases out through the muzzle. If they cycle for you, great, as they are quite inexpensive. I also note that Hornaday has come out with a less expensive steel case round they call Steel Match. I haven't used it.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Good ammo and fairly accurate. Never had any problems with it in 9MM, 40 S&W, or 45

·
Registered
31,697 Posts
I bought a number of boxes at the Black Friday sale at Academy but it was the brass case stuff. I had a Bersa .45 UC Pro that would NOT cycle the steel case Blazer because once the pistol was warm, the steel case expansion caused the cases to stick in the chamber. You could see extractor marks on the rim but had to not the spent cases out through the muzzle. If they cycle for you, great, as they are quite inexpensive. I also note that Hornaday has come out with a less expensive steel case round they call Steel Match. I haven't used it.
These aren't steel, they are Aircraft Grade Aluminum!

·
Banned
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thank for clearing that up jake

btw, has anyone ordered from Palmetto State Armory? how is the shipping times, they don't have a place to check order status, you have to email them. They need to take heed from CTD and Midway to name a couple and have a section to check order status.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
thank for clearing that up jake

btw, has anyone ordered from Palmetto State Armory? how is the shipping times, they don't have a place to check order status, you have to email them. They need to take heed from CTD and Midway to name a couple and have a section to check order status.
Check out Rottiejake's experience with PSA - http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/firing-line/60039-gun-delivery-fiasco-major-problems.html
He has a separate thread re the order itself.

·
Registered
31,697 Posts
I never had problems with the Blazer Aluminum sticking when hot, however, they are coated just like most steel rounds with a polymer coating, and rather than sticking when the gun gets hot, due to expansion of the case, I am more inclined to think that problem may have came from shooting some steel cased ammo with a lacquer coating and never having cleaned the chamber real good after previous outings. Even most steel casings today have a polymer coating instead of a lacquer coating.

·
Registered
31,697 Posts
As to Rottie's fiasco, I imagine all the stores the past few weeks have been working overtime getting orders shipped before Christmas and some error's have been made by all stores. Knowing how Rottie's luck usually runs....he was bound to have a problem if anyone did. I wouldn't judge any vendor on things that happen 10 days before Christmas.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts