Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
You won't get a six shot unless they go to some super steel for the cylinder. I will say now that I have no first hand experience but everything I have read says that with the judge .410 patterns aren't very good and .45 Colt accuracy isn't very good either. In the early to mid 90's Ross Seigfried wrote an article about a revolver he worked on with Hamilton Bowen. It was a .44 or .45 black hawk and it had some of the rifling removed part way through the barrel. It would shoot shot loads and create a good pattern and shoot bullets accurately as well. Until someone figures out how to do this with the .410 revolvers I have no interest in one. Now if you ditch the .454 and .410 and build me an interchangeable cylinder tracker in .45 acp and .45 Colt I'd be the first in line.

Registered
My A
You won't get a six shot unless they go to some super steel for the cylinder. I will say now that I have no first hand experience but everything I have read says that with the judge .410 patterns aren't very good and .45 Colt accuracy isn't very good either. In the early to mid 90's Ross Seigfried wrote an article about a revolver he worked on with Hamilton Bowen. It was a .44 or .45 black hawk and it had some of the rifling removed part way through the barrel. It would shoot shot loads and create a good pattern and shoot bullets accurately as well. Until someone figures out how to do this with the .410 revolvers I have no interest in one. Now if you ditch the .454 and .410 and build me an interchangeable cylinder tracker in .45 acp and .45 Colt I'd be the first in line.
Ruger Alaskan can shoot 454 Casull, 45 Colt and 45 acp(with moon clips). That took some custom work. It's alot of fun.

Registered
you can still run 45colt in it right?
yes. .45LC, 454 Casull, and .460 S&W Magnum are all the same diameter. They get progressively longer and run higher pressure.

Reactions: flareside_ford

Registered
I've actually got a S&W 460V. I got it in a trade. Basically the guy bought it and chickened out of shooting it, so I got a good deal trading for it. Problem is, as y'all are probably all too aware, there's almost no revolver ammo on the shelves now days. Especially .45 Colt it seems. I've seen a few boxes of .454, but none of .460 or .45 Colt. I may actually sell the thing for lack of food for it. 馃槙

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've actually got a S&W 460V. I got it in a trade. Basically the guy bought it and chickened out of shooting it, so I got a good deal trading for it. Problem is, as y'all are probably all too aware, there's almost no revolver ammo on the shelves now days. Especially .45 Colt it seems. I've seen a few boxes of .454, but none of .460 or .45 Colt. I may actually sell the thing for lack of food for it. 馃槙
I'm running 45 acp with moon clips because of that

1 - 15 of 15 Posts