Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
9,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok TA folks, does anyone know where I can find some 45 Long Colt ammo? I got a really good deal on a Taurus 45LC SA today, pics when it arrives in two weeks, but I'm having trouble locating ammo. I would even consider buying bullets, brass, and a die set and load my own. I've checked most all the usual suspects but without any luck.

·
Banned
9,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I can just get a box of 50, I can reuse the brass.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
My overpriced LGS has had a lot of it in stock. I think the Fleet Farm in town had some too.

However, as MoonDawg said, you are not going to like that price tag.

·
Super Moderator
40,704 Posts
Check the next gun show in your area, Georgia Arms sells their loads in star line brass for like $26.50/50 rounds in new brass. Got a bag last show and they worked just fine with nice brass to reload. Going to get a bag next week in Miami at the next show.

Reactions: vaskeet

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Do you mind factory reloads if not I get a lot of ammo from Georga arms prices from $26 for 50 I get the canned heat loads from them Georgia Arms - .45 LONG COLT They are easy to deal with and have good loads

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
Check the next gun show in your area, Georgia Arms sells their loads in star line brass for like $26.50/50 rounds in new brass. Got a bag last show and they worked just fine with nice brass to reload. Going to get a bag next week in Miami at the next show.
I think you must type faster than me or great minds think alike

·
Registered
29,878 Posts
Try the smaller local shops, they usually have it at least around me (you'll pay a premium if they have it, but at least you'll have some). Also try Cabelas if you have one.

Around me its ~$45/50 rounds (If i remember correctly) in the small shops and at Cabelas I got some for $33/50 rounds last week, Good luck and have fun when you get her!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts