Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I got notice that Taurus had received my 24/7 Pro 45. From the time I dropped it off at UPS it got to Taurus in 5 days and I got the notice 6 days later - 11 days. They say 6 to 7 weeks to "process."

JimL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
Hang in there Jim. My 24/7 had to go back to the factory as well. Same amount of time as you mentioned.

However, after the long wait, it has performed flawlessly since with about 2,000 rounds through it.

I was at the range Saturday in the lane next to one of those HK and Kel Tec snobs. I ask him if he wanted to shoot my 24/7. He did, and his response was one of amazement. He couldn't believe that a pistol that shot as nice as mine was a Taurus. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BadAndy said:
Why did you send it in?
Very rough trigger pull - not at all like the display guns - that didn't get better with time. Hard pull (well over 7 lbs), but that may have been a result of the roughness. There was a pretty good sized gouge in the firing pin barrel. It looked like someone let a Dremel get away from them and they used the pin anyway.

If they can't get the trigger away from the back of the trigger guard hole I'll build a trigger myself.

JimL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ronb5538 said:
He couldn't believe that a pistol that shot as nice as mine was a Taurus. ;)
Google a Taurus gun and you'll find lots of posts from a couple years or more ago when things were pretty bad. Very few people post on forums bragging about the turn around. Bitch and moan posts are far more interesting to owners of other guns.

JimL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
JimL said:
Google a Taurus gun and you'll find lots of posts from a couple years or more ago when things were pretty bad. Very few people post on forums bragging about the turn around. Bitch and moan posts are far more interesting to owners of other guns.

JimL
I have a friend that warned me about 'Taurus Junk'. He's a Glock, S&W guy. I shot his Glock 17 and was not impressed. He shot my 'Taurus Junk' and bought one the next day.

After looking at all the expensive 1911's out there, I'm convinced that I'll purchase the Taurus PT1911.

Good quality guns ... worth a premium price, but an economical cost.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
17,919 Posts
Hmmmmm? I love the trigger on my 24/7! Could be there actually was a problem with your 24/7. Properly cleaning and oiling my 24/7 when it came from the box, before my test firing and shooting, cleaned up any residual grit that may have been left in the gun.

If you bought a 24/7 Longslide for serious competition, I could see doing some custom trigger work, although that will void your warranty. If you bought the regular 4.2 inch barreled gun for serious defensive work, it should be left well alone, and if you do not like it the way it normally is, after Taurus has repaired your 24/7, then you should sell it and buy something else.

Hopefully, Taurus will correct your Trigger problem and you will find Shooting Nirvana at the range with your 24/7!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
132 Posts
ronb5538 said:
I have a friend that warned me about 'Taurus Junk'. He's a Glock, S&W guy. I shot his Glock 17 and was not impressed. He shot my 'Taurus Junk' and bought one the next day.

After looking at all the expensive 1911's out there, I'm convinced that I'll purchase the Taurus PT1911.

Good quality guns ... worth a premium price, but an economical cost.

You'll like the PT 1911 I love mine 200 rounds works flawlessly and shoots good and My wife likes it too I wish they would come out with a compact version I would get one for her.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
35,143 Posts
Kel Tec snobs
Hey, hey, lighten up there! ;D I own both, like both. They both get beat up on the boards pretty bad along with Kahr, Ruger, anything non-Smith, perhaps Glock. The war with Glock is the 1911 guys. Now, they're a hoot. ANY 1911, no matter manufacturer, is great with them, until it says PT1911 on the slide. Go figure.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top