Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
am i the only one who shoots 45 colt revolvers?

Administrator
I have three, but they aren't Tauri.

Reactions: jtg452

Supporting Moderator
Yes! J/K :D

Ruger New Model Blackhawk Bisley, and a Model 94 Winchester to round out the rig.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
i have the rossi m92 lever in 45 colt and all my revolvers have ended up being taurus 45 colts. I found that the Taurus offered the best weight to recoil absorption in 45 colt than others. Taurus triggers get better with age etc. cost compared to the rugers i had was a bonus. I realized that i wasn't going to really be shooting a ton of "ruger" only loads so i opted for a lighter weapon. it would be nice to see a resurgence in the 45 colt interest. It has taken me a long time to see the attributes of the 45 colt round.

Reactions: ncfarmer

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
i like the DA/SA models but would like to pick up a gaucho one day. Just for kicks and collecting.

Super Moderator
I have been on the look out for a reasonably priced DA/SA .45 Colt. Right now I only shoot .45 Colt from the Public Defender Judge.

Reactions: loudviking

Registered
i have a ruger vaquero sherrif (old model). i've been thinking of getting an M450 but the auction reserve prices have been too high. if i run into one in good shape and a reasonable price, i will probably pick it up. i guess that Taurus and Smith and Wesson consider the judge and governor to be their 45LC snubbies now.

Registered
There are a lot of 45 colt guns and shooters. The cowboy shoots really built a fire under things when they started. Several friends that do not go to the shoots became interested when the guns started showing up in so many gun shops. A friend in the reloading supply business laughed about it being a shot in the arm to business back then. Guys buying Dillon presses and lead bullets in an abundance. The reloading supply shortages really hurt them. One friend loads with black powder now. It is easier to get. You not only have 45 shooters, some are using the original black powder loads.

Registered
I've shot Colts through my Judge Mag but it's terribly inconsistent so I've been looking at getting a true .45 LC revolver for awhile. I've pretty much narrowed it down to a Taylor or Uberti, as far as brands but not sure about the model. Most likely, I'll settle on an Uberti 'coz I like their top-break models.

Reactions: edstuff

Registered
I got the 2.5" Judge for just that reason, I thought it might not be accurate with the 3" cylinders. My 2.5/4" barrel Judge shoots better than I can at 25 yards with .45LC. I have wanted a .45LC single action for a while, but a Ruger Bisley in .44SPL was available for about $100 less than a .45LC so I got it instead. I like the .44SPL and have a Taurus M445 snubby in it too, but I still have a hankering for a nice SA in .45LC.

I hear that Marlin will have a lever gun in .45LC in production by the end of the year and with ballard rifling this time and not that micro crap. All new tooling and very close in quality to the Miruko Winchesters. .44 Mag and .357 Mag versions are already on shelves for sale.

Reactions: heyjoe

Administrator
I bet you can't break a Gaucho firing pin, unless you really abuse it!:thumb:

Registered
Nope! First year production OLD model Vaquero!

Reactions: heyjoe

Registered
I have 3 45 colts,shoot them often.new model blackhawk,old model vaquero and a winchester 94 love to shoot them all.

Registered
I've got two Blackhawks. One old model, one new model. Reload my own using Red Dot and 250 gr LRN. Most fun you can have shooting a pistol.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts