Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if you have a revolver chambered in 45 Colt,if .45 AUTO could be fired in it using those clip things?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,Thinking about getting a S&W Mountain gun revolver.Nice to know I'll have that option.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Sorry but I think that the cylinders are different. Its 45 Auto Rim that is designed to interchange with the 45 acp with the moon clips. I doubt you would have clearance to close the cylinder. But you could probably have an additional cylinder made so that you could do it, thats how the Blackhawks work.

Steelheart

·
Registered
60 Posts
Dang it I made a MAJOR mistake and shot my mouth off without thinking. I didn't see "LONG" in the post and my brain said acp and rim.

I am TRULY SORRY Mr Thunderbolt. A stupid advisement can get someone hurt and I just Did that. And I KNOW better even. I make no escuses sir. I was running through the board and saw you just posted and hoped to answer you quickly before you signed off. I didn't think. I posted in haste.

Hello, my name is Brizzo and I am a Moron. Please help me through the 12 steps.

Please accept my apology again sir.

Greatest Apologies and Respect- Brizzo

·
Registered
579 Posts
It takes a good man to admit he is wrong. I have never heard this from a woman !! :D

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
The ruger blackhawk chambered for .45 long colt can be had with another cylinder that chambers .45 acp. Ran into a guy selling one at the gun show a few months back he was asking $450 for it. If you can't find a ruger with an the extra cylinder no worries, you can order one from ruger direct or numerich has them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.