Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
40,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After test firing 5 rounds for function and checking for pressure signs, I loaded up 100 rounds with 4.1 grains of Bulleseye. After firing all 100 rounds I was consistently shooting 6 inches low at 15 yards. Seems like the load is just to light, although it does cycle my PT1911 fine. Any one else using bullseye and have a load they like? I have seen load data from 4.0 grains to 5.3 for bullseye. Think I am going to bump it up to 4.5 grains and see if I can bring my POI up some.

·
Registered
29,933 Posts
With 230 gr. RNL I use 5.1 - 5.2 grs. of Bullseye or AA#2 in my 1911's.

This load gives me POI hits at about 900 FPS from a 5 inch barrel.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
I am using 4.8 grs of bullseye with 230gr lrn. very accurate loads from my pt1911 and eaa witness

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
5.0 gr. of Bullseye was long considered a military duplication load for the 230 gr. 45 Auto. I have used it with a lot of different 230 gr. bullets over the years and still do for revolver and 1911 guns.

·
Administrator
40,095 Posts
5.0 gr. of Bullseye was long considered a military duplication load for the 230 gr. 45 Auto. I have used it with a lot of different 230 gr. bullets over the years and still do for revolver and 1911 guns.
Same here, although I don't know anything about the military duplication. It's a great load! :thumb:

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
In the back of "Cartridges of the World" 4th edition they listed some load specs for U.S. military cartridges and commercial load data to duplicate the performance level. That's where I got it from; unfortunately, my 4th edition was loaned out and lost it's way back home, a long time ago.

·
Super Moderator
40,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info, I am definately going to bump mine up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts