Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just acquired a NIB box Model 445. Blued, with the standard configuration hammer. Really like these .44 Special snubbies as a concept and I just didn't want to pay the ridiculous S&W prices. Any thoughts as far as reliability goes? Don't want to start a debate, just looking for honest opinions, experiences, and photos, since I can't seem to learn the ability to post my own. The gun was truly new, I imagine. When it came out of the box, the bluing was kind of dull and the cylinder crane was tight to turn. Sprayed it down with solvent, wiped the excess and let it dry. Oiled all the critical points and wiped the outside down with a Flitz microfiber cloth. Really shined up well. The bluing is as good as I have seen on many older Smiths or Colts, and the action is buttery smooth in double, and crisp in single. Way more than I expected for the money. Have to wait until I get time to shoot for a range report. In the meantime, what do y'all think of these sadly discontinued guns?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I also have a M445 .44 special, but in Titanium, ported and weighs 18.7 ounces. Just went and checked my shooting record on that, and found in right at 5 years, I have fired 268 rounds, with never a problem. It is a joy to carry, and with one speed loader oposite side of shoulder harness, it is easy to forget you are wearing it. With the recoil absorbing "ribber" grip, not abusive at all in recoil, less than a .357 snub with +P loads. The only issue I've had with mine, is I'm now beginning to think I would like to forgo the ported brl, as in bright sunlight on range, no problem, but have recently found porting is not great during dim or dark conditions.
But as for the functioning, a shooting buddy of mine has since seeing mine, purchased two himself, but in .45 ACP, one Titanium snub, and a SS with 4 inch brl. Of the three, one of his had an original sticky trigger, which required pushing the trigger forward, but this went away within the first 50 rounds fired. Other than that, great, no mechanical or functioning problems at all. I think you will enjoy it, as we certainly do. Keep us posted after some range time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts