Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered a 44mag snubbie pack gun. I already have a 444 4" 44 mag but it was too big/bulky/heavy for a true pack gun. I'll be selling that one to my bro in law and replacing it with this one. I believe it is only 30 ounces, good trade for he $$$ difference and 3 ounces compared to the titanium model that you cannot get!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Matt;
Cool gun! Just back from AK w/my new 4" and never took it out of the case. Bear spray... I looked at the special 2" but that few ounces, IMO, was not worth losing the extra inch (u know the 4" is a 3" barrel with a ported barrel shroud) of power/stability, longer sight radius accuracy, controlabilty. I thought about the 3" S&W .357 Hi-viz at 24 ozs. but also wanted the potent .44 Mag. Still, u have a really cool (maybe collectible) pistol there my friend!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Should be getting it today/tomorrow. It may sound silly but I have a pouch in my hunting backpack that the 4 incher just wouldn't fit, plus it weighs about 3 pounds loaded. This one will fit in there and be about 2 pounds loaded. Plus it is C-O-O-L!!! I'll see if I can post some pics when I get it.

Matt

·
Registered
113 Posts
Good luck.

Please look gun over CAREFULLY before you leave shop. Check muzzle, crane detent pin, cylinder lockup...

Post to all of us once you've shot it! We sorta know what they look like (there is a "Show Us Your Taurus" thread you should put it on) but would like to know what it feels like to ya...

Alden

1 - 4 of 4 Posts