Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm new to the Taurus Armed forum. I am an avid shooter of both Ruger and Smith&Wesson revolvers.

I've been thinking about buying another .44mag (I own a Ruger Single Action), to put either my red dot sight, or a scope on, for Ohio deer gun season.

I'm considering a Taurus Raging Bull.

I have three questions:
1. Is the Raging Bull the recommended Taurus revolver for deer hunting?
2. How does the scope mounting system work? I am only familiar with the Ruger and S&W systems.
3. Approximately, what is a "fair" price from a gun shop for a NIB, stainless .44mag Raging Bull, with a 6" bbl in my neck of the woods?

Thanks,
cd

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have owned two Taurus 44's and a raging bull in 454. The Raging Bull would definitely be my choice in magnums from Taurus for hunting. I never bother scoping my Taurus revolvers so I'm unqualified to comment on that.

·
Registered
275 Posts
If I were wanting a hunting revolver, it would be a Raging Bull by Taurus, but only in .44 magnum for me.

As it is, I'm too old to tromp the woods anymore in pursuit of deer, bear or hogs...unless they walk by my front pourch.

And if they did, I've got a Colt Anaconda in .44 magnum to handle any walk or drive by. ;D The Anaconda was a gift from a son several years ago...I probably wouldn't spend that much for a .44 magnum.

The RB can be had for less than $500.

TB C45

·
Registered
96 Posts
the ragin bull in 44 mag should be a good revolver for hunting,
also you could go with the 454 and have the capabilty of shooting 45colt also. taurus also makes a 44 mag revolver ,but i'd stick with the ragin bull if not only for the way they are built.they are definitely a beefy arm.

if yoU STRAY FROM TAURUS ,i'd give either the ruger super redhawk,rehawk,or blackhawk hunter a look, not only are they excellent shooters,buillt like a tank,they are ready to mount a scope on because the mounts are built into the gun and some come with rings.

good luck on your choice,dan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts