Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes they do make it. I picked up a box of magtech 240 gr .44 mag hardball. Now if only our armed forces could carry that in a side arm! All kidding aside if I could have a choice in what I could carry as a side arm if I was deployed I could do worse than a model 29 or a m44. Of course thats what I shoot normally, I know most people don't like it or can't control it. I have a feeling the stuff would just overpenetrate tremendously so as a defensive round, it's kind of limited.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Ace said:
I have a feeling the stuff would just overpenetrate tremendously so as a defensive round, it's kind of limited.
I agree. It sounds as though it'd be well suited for barrier penetration but a poor choice for self-defense against goblins.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ace said:
I have a feeling the stuff would just overpenetrate tremendously so as a defensive round, it's kind of limited.
They'd have trouble proving you "murdered" a nice, sweet BG if the bullet was a quarter mile away.

·
Super Moderator
34,959 Posts
In battle, I'd rather have a rifle. Sidearm, I'd rather have a hi cap bottom feeder. Be nice if it had .44 mag power, but I'd settle for a ten MM. How about a Desert Eagle .50AE? Well, you could get the .44 mag version if you just like it that much. ;D Even Dirty Harry had to whip out his .44 Auto Mag when the shootin' got to hot for his 29. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts