Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had almost forgotten I had a 9mm, and I am glad I purchased one of the last .45 OSS that bud's had when I did.

I know a few weeks ago there were some guys wondering about the lenght of time and the stock of parts it would take to get an OSS fixed. Well after a few thousand rounds my 9mm OSS started to eat itself. Front opening of ejection port was being hammered by the barrel causing it to jam open and shut. Double action not working, and not resetting in single action. The list goes on.

So after 44 day total round trip she is back. New barrel, new slide, new trigger bar, and a new sear.

We shall see how she holds up.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Generally, Taurus does a real thorough job on a gun that is sent to them for repairs.

Here's hoping yours will perform like the superb OSS pistols that so many of us have come to know and love. ;)

·
Registered
29,765 Posts
Good luck with the new one! 44 days is a long time, but hopefully its her last 44 days on vacation!

·
Registered
36,295 Posts
I would imagine that the 24/7 parts bins are beginning to run a bit low by now!
add to that the OSS has a diiferent size barrel and slide than most of the later models then i imagine parts are getting scarce for them.
might be wise to pick up some of those high wear parts like springs and such before they do disappear.

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
Mine is doing the same thing to the barrel and slide, but it hasn't malfunctioned yet. I might go ahead and send it in, even though it is way beyond free shipping time. It has around 1300-1500 rounds through it. Glad they replaced the parts for you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, I would try and get it fixed asap. How knows when they will just stop working on them and try and send you a gun you did not want.

·
Registered
9 Posts
This isn't the type of thread I was hoping to see. I sent my .45 OSS off to Taurus on the 9th of April. They received it the next day; it has been on "firearm arrived and awaiting repair" ever since. I really hope I get my gun back soon.

·
Registered
36,295 Posts
This isn't the type of thread I was hoping to see. I sent my .45 OSS off to Taurus on the 9th of April. They received it the next day; it has been on "firearm arrived and awaiting repair" ever since. I really hope I get my gun back soon.
Likely waiting on parts from the MOTHER SHIP--Brazil.
MY Pt1911 38 Super was gone 9 weeks waiting on a extractor , they didn't have a 38 Super extractor in stock in Miami.
Course I didn't have a extractor in stock here either in that caliber.-LOL

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a NIB OSS .40 cal. with 15 rd. mags. Mags will nor release- have to lock slide open and push mag out while holding in release buttom. anyone have/had this problem.

·
Registered
36,295 Posts
I have a NIB OSS .40 cal. with 15 rd. mags. Mags will nor release- have to lock slide open and push mag out while holding in release buttom. anyone have/had this problem.
He-He-he, are you old enough to remember the old M-1 Thumb??
check the magazine for unusual wear marks on its side, sounds like the mag isn't fitting quite right.
does it do it with both a full and a empty magazine?
does it do this with both magazines?
do you know anyone else with a like caliber OSS or 24/7 that you can try a different magazine?
have you checked the mag release and cleaned it?

·
Registered
9 Posts
While not my thread, I wanted to make a brief update on the status of my OSS. I called Taurus today since it has been just over a month since they received my handgun. CS picked up quickly (surprising, I know ;)). He was very polite and quickly looked into the issue of why my gun hasn't even been looked at yet. With a puzzled voice, he told me he didn't know why my gun hasn't been repaired yet and proceeded to put it on a rush repair list. Now I'm not sure if that "rush list" is anything more than a placebo effect, but it makes me feel a bit better that I might have my gun back sometime this year.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Looks like their "rush" list wasn't a joke. I checked my status today and it says "Firearm Shipped." I'm glad they were to quick to get it fixed, but it is a shame that it took me calling and complaining for it to happen.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts