Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having just read a magazine article about it I'm curious how many .44 owners shoot .44 Special ammo?

Thanks a million

JimL

·
Registered
299 Posts
I have an M44,stainless, 8 3/8" and usually shoot .44 Spls for my practice sessions. I try to shoot at least 18 rounds from each position - standing, kneeling, sitting, prone, etc. all hunting positions I can think of or till I'm out of practice ammo. Then a cylinder full of my .44 mag hunting load. Right now that's the Winchester Supreme, 250 gr. Partition load.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I am just getting back into shootin and reloading, if you are buying ammo .44 sp. are what you want to buy for practice, cheaper and easier on you hand, save your brass! Even if you don't reload once shot brass is high, just like new , or ammo is. It ain't gonna get cheaper. You can sell it.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I own a Taurus 444 UltraLite Titanium and shoot plenty of Specials out of it. Actually, it's loaded with 44 special Glaser Silver ammo right now beside my bed.

·
32,496 Posts
Sounds good so far folks..44 Special in JHP,LSWC, or the fragmented safety types made for indoor use are a good way to go. Scrubbing out the Special rings in the cylinder comes with the territory. Just something that has to be done. No big deal.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
I now own two .44 magnums, one a smith and one a taurus, taurus being my new aquisition, and I have never shot .44 special out of them. Sometimes, I'll buy some "cowboy" loads, but they are .44 mag and for the most part I use PMC 240 gr jacketed sp, but that stuff is getting kind of scarce and the other brands are gettign up to 30 bucks a box on some loads. I am now looking into getting a set of carbide dies.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts