Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend bought this a few months ago, and shot it 5 times.

He fell on hard times and asked me if I'd be interested in it. Never owned a Charter Arms in my life, but bought it from him. More to help him out than own it, I figure it would be a great truck gun. I bought a S&W 4" 10-8 a while back to use as a truck gun, but after taking it to the range a few times I fell in love with it...way too nice to reside in the pocket behind the passenger seat of my truck.

I can't stand a mat finish on stainless steel, so I decided to polish it... lots of machining under the mat finish! Glad I watched a YT vid on removing the cylinder latch before taking it off.

·
Super Moderator
36,396 Posts
Good looking gun now and good that you were able to help a friend out.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I've often wondered about to 44 Bulldog.

·
22,495 Posts
I've wondered too. Shot it yet?

Congratulations on the new wheel gun!

·
Registered
902 Posts
Nice looking heater.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've wondered too. Shot it yet?

Congratulations on the new wheel gun!
Not yet, I only have one box of Speer Gold Dots...too expensive for targets.

Had a boat load of 44 Special ammo, but sold it when I sold my S&W 696.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Check out LAX Ammo. As a non-reloader, they're my go-to for 44 spl and 41 mag. Bought a bunch of 44 mag from them too. 43 cents a round for new 44 spl isn't too bad.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Nice looking CA Bulldog.44 Spl.:cool:

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I bought a Charter Bulldog in 1980. It was the blued, three inch tapered barrel model, not the Son of Sam gun. The only .44 Special ammo available then was 246 grain lead round nose. It kicked like a mule and put out a fireball like a tactical nuke. The Bulldog's trigger was hard and gritty. I couldn't hit the dirt firing double action, so I used it like an old cowboy thumb buster, when I could motivate myself to practice with it at all. It was probably a bad choice for a first handgun. Late in 1984, somebody did me a favor and stole it from me.:D I bought a Taurus PT-92 in 1985 and never looked back.

·
22,495 Posts
None of my rotten friends have ever been "in need" of selling any cool arms at great prices....rotten s:mad:bs ;D
People can be so inconsiderate. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
11,127 Posts
Nice looking roscoe, but you need a set of wood grips to make it cool.

CA Bulldog.jpg

Reactions: WooD
1 - 17 of 17 Posts