Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever owned this model?? I was drooling over one on Auction Arms -that went at a very reasonable price..... I had to show amazing restraint not to pull the trigger on that deal. Factory 44 special ammo is EXPENSIVE tho'.....

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 3 inch 442, the one with the adjustable sights, I also have a Rossi 720 which is another 5 shot 44 special with adjustable sights and a 3 inch barrel. They are nice guns, small enough for some carry situations and with plenty of power. I haven't have either one for very long and am still learning to shoot them, and can't say much about their accuracy. I own several .45 long colt guns and they have the same problem as the .44 specials, you have to reload to be able to shoot them. One of my long colts is a Taurus snubbie in titanium and shooting factory for any extended period can be painful Reloading fixes that problem too.

·
32,654 Posts
Dang Titanium man. Didn't you post a similar question at the old site? Had a 441 (adjustable sights) in blue 4 inch barrel guise. It shot well enough and gave good service. Couldn't use it for IDPA or other competition and sold it for the Ruger P95DC. Now I'm doing this. :bang: :bang: Any of the gun auctions seem to be over priced for these. It may be a discontinued, but prices seem to have skyrocketed. After perusing the usual gun auctions for the last few month it seems like some of those are being bought and resold at higher prices for profit. 431 and 441 were made to be used. Not collected. ;D Cheaper than dirt and other five and dime outlets usually have some sort of bulk sales going on at different times of year.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
I have a 4" adj. sight 441. Got it almost by accident, it's a keeper. You can buy a Lee reloading outfit and roll your own, save a lot of dough and have customized ammo to boot. I am very partial to adj. sights, get what YOU like.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I think I just got one but I can't find a model number stamped on the gun. It is a very nice 2 1/2" blued 44 spl five-shooter. I'm taking it to the range for the first time tonight and will report back.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Okay. I just got back from the range. I am not impressed. The gun shoots pmc 240 grain LSW roughly 16" high at 25 yards. With 180 grain pmc jhp it shoots 4" high at 7 yards. Windage is fine. Accuracy is good in that groups are small. The gun would light-strike a primer at least once per cylinder-full failing to fire the round and leaving a light primer indent. The rounds would generally go bang the second time around. I even had two occasions when two rounds in a cylinder failed to get loud. My S&W's are looking better and better...

I will try a new mainspring before I give up on this gun but so far, it's not giving me the warm and fuzzies. An old M85 I own works just fine so it looks like I just got a dog this time. :(

·
Registered
40 Posts
I purchased this 441 from a local shop for $215. Added a Hogue mono and some Wolff springs. Very accurate a lot of fun to shoot. I'm planning to add a 431 and 445 when I can find'em.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice Pic!!!

Powerkicker, what a bummer - I know the feeling. I have had one bad one ( model 905 ) out of my 4 Taurus revolvers...

Qwiks draw, what other site?? ;) LOL..... must have been another model - I just recently discovered these existed....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts