Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well I've been messing around and I've found it difficult to fit the .410 shells into the chamber some of them slide right in and other ones have to be mashed in and even then may not go in enough to close the revolver. Is this normal along with the fact that the shells have to be hammered out after theyve been shot. It just seems like a bad fit for a bullet the gun is supposed to shoot.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I found that Sellier & Belliot 410 shells were not perfectly rounded and would not chamber in my Judge. I'm going to shave the front of each shell down a bit with a dremel since they are "000" buck----which is hard to come by in 25 round boxes like S&B.

Basically, I use Winchester shotshells since they are smooth and not ribbed like Remington or Federal.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
I too, have had no problems loading or unloading mine. I have Federal and Remington's. I did notice that some of the ones with larger pellets, were slightly deformed prior to loading. But I have not been able to by 000 buckshot locally yet.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Shoot Winchesters, their Smooth, so they seal better under blow-back pressure... Also get a .50 cal. Brass Bore Brush, and Brush the HELL out of them Chambers (straight-in Straight-out)... that will polish them down abit... Shooting .45LC's, and .410's blow-back, loading them chambers-up, and they get sticky putting them .410's in... I take a .50 cal brush with me to the Range just for this reason... I shoot a lot of .45LC Black Powder, and them Chambers really cake-up fast...<:))
Also take one of them Sticky Shells down to the Local Gun Store and see if it sticks in one of there Judge's... I supose that you may have got a Cylinder that missed final finish from the Factory...<:-((

·
Registered
124 Posts
NYPD in AZ said:
Basically, I use Winchester shotshells since they are smooth and not ribbed like Remington or Federal.
+1 on Winchesters. I've mentioned this in more threads then I can count about the Judge.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had problems loading the NSI brand I bought last night. It was going to be the first time I fired the gun. Quite a dissapoinment.
You guys have given some good advice, The 50 cal. bore brush and reputable ammo.

Thanks,
Mony

1 - 7 of 7 Posts