Taurus Firearm Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Wow! Thanks for all the info guys!! Ok, I'll take the offered advice and start with 45LC and then eventually play with the shot shells. And next time i go to Shoot Straight maybe i'll ask the guy if i can "sit in" and watch him reload some shot shells. See, I'm in the same boat as fishinkeylargo in that i, too live in FL and it gets to be rather expensive to shoot the shot gun shells, but i love doing it!! So when i'm at the range i would love to NOT spend $1.20 on each round.

Reactions: Fishinkeylargo

·
Registered
11 Posts
1 Year later: Thanks Fishinkeylargo! That Lanes Handloader or at least something similar looks exactly like what I want! I didn't know they made such a thing. Somewhere in the depths of my shed, I have a (more complex? Larger? modern style?) .410 shot shell loader, but they need a bench that I don't have or have room for. For as few shells as I'll be loading/shooting, this is way coo-el! Looks perfect for making a few test rounds at a time.

·
Super Moderator
35,456 Posts
Glad to see you've made progress over the last year. :D

I use reloads for self defense. Now days I really don't trust factory stuff to be quality and I do trust my reload quality. But, then, Texas is a whole nuther country. :D But, when this thread was fresh, I don't know that factory loads had deteriorated as much as they have what with the shortages and 120 percent production in the factories trying to catch up.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts