Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D sup bruthas. dad is looking at selling me his taurus 41 mag. its stainless and has had only a couple hundred rounds thru it. hes selling it to purchase another taurus 41 mag, in titanium. the one he has now has a 2 inch barrel i think. hes talking about getting the 4 inch. i know that ammo for this gun can be hard to find, and a bit pricey. some one once told me that they only make hollowpoints for this caliber. anyone know anything about this.

regardless of the ammo, im going to buy the gun from him. ive shot it before, that thing has some growl. its not a gun that you would want to shoot all day. its factory ported but still kicks like a retarded mule. ill be using it as my ccw and put my .45 up for awhile.

anyone got any input on this caliber? wether it be for the gun or the ammo. all info will be helpful as usual.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
.41mag is not a bad round - fals between .357 and .44mag in power. There aren't as many choices in the caliber when it comes to guns or ammo, so reloading is highly recommanded if you want to shoot a lot. But will you have less choice in bullets and brass than with .357 or .44mag.

·
Registered
91 Posts
and from what ive seen, if he wants a titanium in .41 mag, he has to hurry. They were discontinued. And im not sure if they still have the stainless 4 inch .41 mag in production anymore.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Gray_Wolf nailed it down with one short paragraph.
The only thing I can really add is there are more ammo offerings available than just hollow points.

A cursory look on www.cheaperthandirt.com reveals HPs, A Lead Flat Point load by Federal and Semi-Jacketed Soft Point load by Remington.

Best Wishes

·
Administrator
35,401 Posts
Great article in G&A this month on the 41 Magnum - they tout it as perhaps the greatest police/combat round ever created.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
barta said:
thanks fellas. ill post some pics when the deal happens.
Sounds good and do look forward to seeing them. ;D

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Yeah Elmer Keith even touted that the round was going to save a lot of cops when it first came out. It is a wonderful cartridge and very under appreciated. at two inches that snub will be an excellent carry piece.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Ace said:
Yeah Elmer Keith even touted that the round was going to save a lot of cops when it first came out. It is a wonderful cartridge and very under appreciated. at two inches that snub will be an excellent carry piece.
Of course Mr. Keith touted it...he helped develop it to overcome his own perceived shortcomings in the .357. I definitely agree that is under appreciated, and it carries plenty of kick to take care of anything you may need it for short of grizzly bears lol.

·
Administrator
35,401 Posts
it carries plenty of kick to take care of anything you may need it for short of grizzly bears lol.
Placed properly, it might just handle a grizz. Don't know if I'd want to bet my life on it, but I'd definitely use it in a pinch......most likely, it wouldn't just piss off the bear.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts