Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at above gun, posting shows gun unfired, it still has the orange cylinder disk in place. Is $400 a fair asking price? Might get it for my farm gun.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
If you want a revolver...and who doesn't...this is a pretty good deal.

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My debate is whether to use my overtime cash for this or a generator for the house. A couple weeks ago we had a bad storm and lost power, and since then it has gone out 3 times for no apparent good reason. So I intended to work a bunch and grab one, but this popped up locally today. Maybe I need to stop looking at local boards for stuff.

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
If you already have a firearm I would buy the generator (it is a good deal though) if you don't have a firearm I would wait on the generator.

Reactions: nechaev and darbo

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Get some Deitz lanterns and some candles. The sun is out during the time you'll be shooting the new gun, the lanterns throw enough light to allow you to clean it. This was an easy one. :)

·
Registered
28,111 Posts
If you hunt and have a deer or two in the freezer, get a generator.
If you smoke meat and have 10 racks of ribs in the freezer, get a generator.
If your wife gets really cranky when she doesn't get her Chunky Monkey, get a generator.
I did not mean for that ^^^ to sound obscene. It's ice cream.

In Virginia it seems unlikely that you would freeze, or, for that matter, be in mortal danger, from any power outage. Buy what do you the most good, but don't get seduced by a "deal". Another deal will always come along.

EDIT Neither did I mean to imply that you were overweight.

Reactions: bmbroker

·
Registered
24,949 Posts
That is not a bad deal.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
Put a deposit on the 66, then work your but off till you can get both!!

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
If it is face to face, no paper trail, no shipping, no sales tax....that is a deal you better take.

Normally, you are looking at $450 for the stainless 66 if you can find one, plus tax, plus shipping, plus a paper trail.

Pretty much a "No-brainer" to me!

·
Registered
6,011 Posts
Oh!!! Come to my back yard, trap a few squirrels, build your own generator and run it on squirrel power!

Reactions: Raptorboy69

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
My wife loves her 66 and I have enjoyed shooting it.. It is as good as my ruger GP100 that I paid way to much for....Buy it and be happy.. Electricity is way over rated and expensive.;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts