Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got an email from Jacob Wilcox with RMR bullets. They just received shipment of 165 & 155 gr. HSTs. I can certainly tell you that them being pulled has had 0 effect on those I've loaded and tested in 9mm. Mainly because Federal used a shorter OACL. But still, it's kind of difficult to not consider them "New" bullets. And one of the very best from what I've seen in testing the 124 and 147 gr. versions in 9mm.;)

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Great tip!!!

Reactions: 57K

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had never used the HSTs before because they're not sold by Federal as component bullets. They are excellent as different tests have shown, and I handloaded the 124 gr. version in 9mm to Federal's +P spec of 1200 FPS from a 4" barrel. I hope I can get ahold of more of the 147s as they were simply outstanding. Unfortunately, I used most of what I had for an article: Maybe the #1 Contender! « Western Powders So, in my primary magazine the 147 gr. HSTs are in the top half backed up by 147 gr. Gold Dots, all loaded to around 1125 FPS.

After my first post I learned by being asked what I'd really like to have, and my answer being premium JHPs in .357" for some upcoming testing, I was told that RMR has found a source for some other great "pulled" bullets, to be available soon.;)

·
Registered
37,060 Posts
I use 150 grain fodder in my 10 Mils as self defense loads and 155 for practice ammo but have never used the HST mostly cause as you mention not available as a component.

Reactions: 57K

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Federal has decided to sell the Hydra-Shoks as component bullets. Midway was advertising them as "available soon". I'm sure they'll do well in sales, but I'd prefer the HSTs. Luckily, I got a pretty good quantity of the 124s.;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts