Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did you all know that CCI was making .40 S&W shotshells? For as long as I have been shooting the .40 I never noticed that they were doing this. It looks like it would make a great pest control round, and could even be pressed into defensive service if it were absolutely necessary. Here is a review on this round that y'all may find interesting:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Never seen those before but I don't own anything chambered in .40 either. Seems like it would be a good choice to keep in a handgun for snakes or something similar

·
Super Moderator
40,495 Posts
My friend brought some to the range last month, at 3 yards they had a tight pattern from his 24/7 c. At 5 yards it started getting pretty spread out. He only shot card board. Fired 5 rounds total they all cycled fine.

·
Registered
977 Posts
I had some for my pt99 9mm. and they worked fine but for me I use my 1022 or the 12 ga. for pest control, I will say that they are fun to shoot candles with though lol

·
Registered
9,171 Posts
CCI makes them in just about everything from .22 LR and up. I've always wondered how they cycle in semi-autos, always figured they were better served in revolvers than anything else.

Reactions: Jake3501 and NYPD

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
40caliber the most used in the country-le, military ,etc--shotshells good for close range protection, will sure slow em down, but probley not lethal!!!!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Did you all know that CCI was making .40 S&W shotshells? For as long as I have been shooting the .40 I never noticed that they were doing this. It looks like it would make a great pest control round, and could even be pressed into defensive service if it were absolutely necessary. Here is a review on this round that y'all may find interesting:

.40 CCI Shotshell - YouTube
FWIW, saw a box of these today at the gun show in Nashville. $15.95 / box of 10. Had planned on
picking up a box, just for , whatever use, not at that price. Did not include tax, title, license, etc.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FWIW, saw a box of these today at the gun show in Nashville. $15.95 / box of 10. Had planned on
picking up a box, just for , whatever use, not at that price. Did not include tax, title, license, etc.
That is kind of spendy. I checked MidwayUSA, and they are selling them for two dollars less, but it's still pretty expensive. I would like to try them though! :D

·
Super Moderator
40,495 Posts
That is kind of spendy. I checked MidwayUSA, and they are selling them for two dollars less, but it's still pretty expensive. I would like to try them though! :D
Check at Walmart, they had them near me. Didn't look at the price. My friend got his there.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I saw these at a gun shop here but passed on them. I use the Judge w/ #4 for snakes, etc.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
40caliber the most used in the country-le, military ,etc--shotshells good for close range protection, will sure slow em down, but probley not lethal!!!!
The military started using .40?

·
Registered
327 Posts
YouTube videographer tnoutdoors9 has tested and reviewed a range of CCI shotshells. I think he has done videos on the .22, 9mm, .40 S&W, and .45 ACP versions. One can check out his channel more info on these interesting loads. He also has a collection of ammunition reviews on self defense loads you might be using or want to use.

tnoutdoors9 - YouTube

·
Registered
69 Posts
YouTube videographer tnoutdoors9 has tested and reviewed a range of CCI shotshells. I think he has done videos on the .22, 9mm, .40 S&W, and .45 ACP versions. One can check out his channel more info on these interesting loads. He also has a collection of ammunition reviews on self defense loads you might be using or want to use.

tnoutdoors9 - YouTube
I was just going to the end of this to share that very link. I really like his channel. For a self proclaimed "amateur" he does some of the best ballistics tests I've found.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I was just going to the end of this to share that very link. I really like his channel. For a self proclaimed "amateur" he does some of the best ballistics tests I've found.
I agree with this. His videos are very well presented and he shares a lot of useful information.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts