Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I purchased a used .40 cal pt 24 7 pro C . after shooting with it , I decided to buy a set of Williams fire sights for it , when I went to brake down the gun so I could change out the sights , the slide is hanging up on something annd will not come of the frame. I followed the manual , steps. took it down the the local gun shop a person there happen to have his pt 24 7 pro C .40 with him. his gun broke down and the side came off as it should , mine is haning up as if the slide catch is not disengaging...? Has anyone had this happen , is there something that needs done that is a simple fix .

Ok, well I read some of the other post on the same issue , I should have taken the time to look a little more before posting this. I think I can work thru this slide issue based on the info, replies that are there. Looks like it can be matter of doing several things to get the slide to come off , I start trying the different suggestions , hopefully I'll be successful. This site has been a huge help , thanks, all to all of you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I was successful guys, it was a combination of pulling the trigger , while moving the side back and forth, the trigger make a click sound , different thantype of click, I noticed the side went further foward when I heard/felt the difference. I used a fare amount of forward force with my hand holding the slide............it came off , glad I did not slam my hand into something. It came off with no clue it was going to break free.
I looked at the side and the frame. I noticed that the machined groves of the frame and slide looked to be binding up and one point , as if there was'nt a smooth finish along that part of the grove/rail. So I used use gun cleaning oil and worked the slide back and forth till it took the tight spot out. , noticed the black plating on the metal rail of the frame had come off some, I work in quality control and sometimes plateing of metal can make all the diference in a close fit and a binding fit. After oiling, cleaning , and working it back and forth the slde seemed to work fine after that, again it was working the trigger while moving the slide that got the slide catch to release , and then the slide wanted to go forward. My next task is to get those slit 8 slights off and put the Williams fiber optic fire sights on. I've read they make all the diference in sighting your target . Thanks guys for all the tips. kojak....out

1 - 3 of 3 Posts