Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this 24/7 for a few months now, but only been able to shoot it three times. The first trip was fantastic. All shots groups well, and I had no FTF or FTE at all.

On the second trip, I started to have some nosedives. They all happened with Speer Lawman FMJ. The third trip, the nosedives were more pronounced... I couldn't make it through a magazine without at least three stoppages. This ammo has never failed to feed in any other pistol I own. When I got home, I took the mags apart and noticed that the follower was very tight in the body. They weren't slipping up and down very easily. Having had the same issue in a rimfire rifle I own, I sanded down the outer edges of the followers, making them a little slimmer. This had the effect of letting them slip up and down a lot easier. I haven't shot it since, but I'm hoping that this solved the problem.

I know the early .45's were prone to nosedives. Has anybody else suffered an unexplained rash of nosedives in the .40 version?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I kept it with 14 for the first few weeks, because it seemed to me that it was too tight for 15. When I called Taurus, I was told to go ahead and load 15, as that's what it was made for. What could happen by loading it to it's design load?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've never heard that before. It's definitely something I'll have to remember. Next question would be what's that gap supposed to be, and how can I tell if the magazine feed lips are buggered?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.