Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my two buddies took our Taurus pistols to the range today.

1 Taurus 24/7 Compact 9mm brand new never been fired. 100 rounds of Win. Target

1 Taurus 24/7 Compact .45 manufactured in 2004 300 rounds Rem.+Win. Target

1 Taurus 24/7 Pro .40 brand new never been fired. 200 rounds Rem.+Win. Target

1 Taurus 850 CIA purchased in Sept. 150 rounds Aguila HP, Rem Golden Saber

No malfunctions, or jams of any kind with any of the pistols listed above. Not yet to the break in period with the 9mm yet but it sure did shoot like a jewel. Great groupings, nothing beat the .45, very accurate. We shot from 5-30 yards at plywood targets. Even managed to hit the 100 yard target with the .45.....I think it was luck. Sure beats my friends KAHR :)

Semper Paratus

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
taurusguy83 said:
Me and my two buddies took our Taurus pistols to the range today.

1 Taurus 24/7 Compact .45 manufactured in 2004 300 rounds Rem.+Win. Target
Are you sure it's not the Millenium Pro you're speaking of? Taurus doesn't make a compact .45 in the 24/7 series.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Great to hear good results !!

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Thanks for sharing your range report with us, I enjoyed reading of your and your friend's experiences. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I need to correct that the .45 was a M.Pro, sorry its not mine and I had to call my friend and ask him today. It was a Taurus M. Pro .45 Compact. I should have mentioned earlier also that it had the most recoil. I carry concealed, and I would (and do) protect my and my families life on these pistols.
Also the .40, and the 9mm had picatanny rails built on and ergonomic grips. The .45 had neither of these features. I chose the 9mm because of ammo cost and availability and recoil....not to mention ammo capacity. I should have mentioned all this earlier but I had to work, and I was tired of cleaning guns. It was a hella long day at the range. Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I put about 200 rounds total throught the 24/7 and the pt111 at the local state forest with no problem a few weeks ago. The guy next to me had a jam on his walther and the girl next to me had several misfires on her walther also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts