Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard to get are they?

I have only seen a couple online. I'm heading to a gun show next weekend and I hope I can run across one. I love my 971 snub and would like a 4" to go in my other nightstand. :D

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
According to the Rossi web-site, the stainlees model is only made in 2, or 6 inch lengths. Of course the same non-person may be updating both the Rossi and Taurus sites. lol
Bid on the used one that's shown.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Yeah, from what I have seen on web site, and other sales sites, that was the only stainless I have seen. I know I looked at a lot of them, prior to buying my Blue 461, 2".

I would assume from seeing that one they did, and may still make the stainless model, but I would guess it has a dif model number, like the stainless for the 2" is 462.

everywhere I look they say they are only making certain ones.

"Taurus manufactures three models of .38 Special revolvers and four models of .357 Magnum revolvers under contract with Rossi."

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought my snub in 91 and it's a M971. I just assumed the 4" and 6" of the same era carried the same model #.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No luck at the gun show. :(

The ONLY Rossi that I saw was the same snub M971 that I already have. I would really like to bid on some of the revolvers I see online but I just can't bring myself to buy one that I can't handle first.

I did run across a like new in the box 4" stainless GP 100 at the pawn shop on the way home. I may have to go back. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts