Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By NBC News, msnbc.com staff and news services
At least four students were injured in a shooting Monday morning at Chardon High School in Chardon, Ohio, according to Cleveland television station WKYC.
Police have apprehended two shooters, the TV station reported.
The Cleveland Plain Dealer reported the shooting happened in the cafeteria, according to a waiting parent, Jessica Bryant, whose daughter had seen it and sent her a text message.

·
Registered
32,083 Posts
Well, the Anti's will have a field day with this.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I think responsible gun-owners need to out-shout them on this issue. If even a quarter of the teachers in schools were allowed/required to carry weapons for situations like these there's a few things that would happen: A) Events like these might not even happen if the perps knew there were a lot of people (highly trained) with weapons in the school looking out for people like them B)When these events do happen they wouldn't last very long if 20 teachers/administrators trained for these situations descended upon the perp.....thoughts from more experienced folks than I?

·
Registered
32,083 Posts
I think responsible gun-owners need to out-shout them on this issue. If even a quarter of the teachers in schools were allowed/required to carry weapons for situations like these there's a few things that would happen: A) Events like these might not even happen if the perps knew there were a lot of people (highly trained) with weapons in the school looking out for people like them B)When these events do happen they wouldn't last very long if 20 teachers/administrators trained for these situations descended upon the perp.....thoughts from more experienced folks than I?
I wholeheartedly agree with your solution, but it will never happen.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
If someone is intent on doing harm to others they may resort to using firearms if they are available to them, this is what the anti's preach. What they don't understand is the same persons intent on doing this harm will use whatever means the little chicken shits have access to, whether it be; bombs, firearms, knives, swords, spears, chainsaws or pit bulls. The more law abiding people that legally carry the better chance that this bullshit will have better endings, because I know if I was witnessing an event such as this some BG's would have been subjected to the wrath god from my legal CCW. Just my thoughts.....

1 USA & Cross.gif

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Arm the teachers and school administration.
Unfortunately carrying on school grounds is illegal everywhere.
Of course criminals do not respect those laws.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I don't see how it's possible for so many people to NOT see that....you make it illegal to carry in "certain public places" like schools and all your doing is making it known that "no one here can have a gun....come on in and shoot them all and take your time....they can't fight back!" Geez people are stoopid!!

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
CNN headline: Four students shot- conditions unknown. Lone gunman is in custody. Suspect believed to be a student.

Police, parents and newsies have swarmed the place. Kids are being picked up by frightened parents.

There will be three days of news, comments and calls for additional legilation, guards in the schools,etc.
My solution; arm and train the staff. Then there will be hell to pay if a student shooter is killed.

·
Super Moderator
36,757 Posts
Then there will be hell to pay if a student shooter is killed.
In an incident in Illinois recently, an autistic 18 year old who was over 6' and 230 lbs was shot and killed by LEO when he allegedly went at them with a knife. There had been many prior 911 calls for LE response when the parents couldn't handle this kid's angry outbursts and they were responding when the shoot happened. The claim is that the kid had a "butter knife" and that they should have been prepared to Taz him instead of using lethal force.

So Bob is right, if Teachers were armed and shot a student with a gun there would be lawsuits and the Teacher would be fired. You probably wouldn't find many Teachers willing to take the liability.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Maybe school systems should form "School Police" for security. Teachers have a difficult job as it is without having to provide security as well.

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
Shades of Kent State. No one would ever figure it would happen in rural Geauga County. That's, by the way, my home county. I was raised about 15 miles south in Auburn Township. My wife was raised in Bainbridge. We still own property in Bainbridge. I just don't know what to say or think. My prayers are with all of the families and all of the kids. I still know a lot of folks from that area, and get to Geauga County on a regular basis. If there is any good news is that the Sheriff of Geauga County is Dan McClelland, and he is an extremely professional and capable cop. Please send out positive vibes and or prayers to all of the citizens of Geauga County.,

·
Registered
29,933 Posts
I keep telling ya'll it's the "Metric System"; it drives everybody crazy.:bang:

Next thing you know the
"Black Helicopters" will be circling...and they'll be passing out 666 tatoos. 8)

:stupid:

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
more tax dollars to waste
True, but the law suits that would follow a teacher shooting someone would probably cost a whole lot more.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
I did not know that about Michigan law.
But being a corrections officer would exempt him under most state laws.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Just saw that on the local news. Thats awfull!!

·
Registered
182 Posts
CNN headline: Four students shot- conditions unknown. Lone gunman is in custody. Suspect believed to be a student.

Police, parents and newsies have swarmed the place. Kids are being picked up by frightened parents.

There will be three days of news, comments and calls for additional legilation, guards in the schools,etc.
My solution; arm and train the staff. Then there will be hell to pay if a student shooter is killed.
Exactly. Then you'll hear the usual response.."my kid is a good kid, you didn't have to shoot him/her".
We tried to get a law passed this past year in TN for teachers to carry on campus. Failed. Administrators
threw a fit. Since that time there have been many shootings, robberies, rapes, on various campuses.
Campus police ( if there are any ), can't be everywhere. They just clean up afterwards, same as on the street.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts