Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I joined just so I could ask this question: Can the latest 3rd gen PT145 be converted to DAO trigger?

I haven't been able to get an answer from Taurus.

FYI I'm Glock shooter and can't deal with safeties, shoot left handed etc.

No I couldn't find a NIB PT145 with the DAO trigger I looked!!

Thanks, OE

·
Registered
790 Posts
From what I understand, the newest PT145s are all DA/SA, (The PT745 is DAO, according to Taurus specs) I don't know if the PT145 can be changed. Myself, I prefer the DAO, since I've been shooting and carrying a KT P11, P3AT, Taurus PT22, and Taurus 650 snubby (all DAO). I recently acquired the new PT145, and find I really like the DA/SA trigger set up. This will probably replace the P11 as main carry gun. If you can find an older PT145, those are the ones with the DAO trigger, from what I'm told.

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
I don't know of any way you can change the trigger over short of rebuilding the whole gun.

I would hit up some gun shows and such to see if you can find an older model gun.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I do not believe so, but if I may ask, what would be the reason? The first pull is standard DA, so if you are wanting to carry it without the safety on, I can't imagine that it would make a difference. Subsequent shots are single action, but not the first.

If you want a DAO, I would recommend that you buy a new PT745 from Buds Gun Shop. You can find one at this link:

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/manufacturers_id//products_id/11873

It holds less rounds than the PT145, but it is DAO. I hope this helps.

Todd

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Todd,
The newest PT145 is SA on the 1st shot and all shots after. The only time it fires DA is after a misfire (second strike).

I would like a DAO trigger to carry with the safety off.
I already bought the PT145, I would just feel better carrying it with the safety off if it was a DAO.

Bud's Gun Shop rocks! Thanks, OE

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
OverEasy said:
The newest PT145 is SA on the 1st shot and all shots after. The only time it fires DA is after a misfire (second strike).
This is correct.

·
Registered
625 Posts
My bad, sorry for the wrong information!

Todd

1 - 7 of 7 Posts