Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed on my wifes new pink Pt111 the feed ramp has a small (1/8th of an inch) notch out of it on the left side I believe, her old DAO 2nd gen PT111 did not have this, does anyone else with a 3rd gen have a notch in there feed ramp?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Haven't seen that on one yet. Is it a crack, split, machined or something else? Pics?

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It looks to be machined like that. Her old 2nd Gen Pt111 did not have it and my 3rd Gen Pt145 doesnt have it either, Ill see if I can get a picture of it with my crappy camera to come out...

best I could do, If you look at the bottom left it has a sharp notch cut out, I know the pictures suck but maybe you can get an idea

Notice the shadow on the left

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Mine is not like that, but on the upper left side you can see a very rough area(if the picture post). Plus the feed part of my ramp is somewhat to the right.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
That is a bit odd looking, but if it looks machined and it works there must not be a problem. Although I am curious why it is there?

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I have an Blued slide 3rd Gen. PT111 and it looks just like yours with the small notch on left side of feed ramp. I have had not mechanical malfunctions (knock on wood) so far. It also looks machined and part of the design of the feed ramp.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok Now I am damn curious... Why some are notched on the 3rd gen and some are not. Could this be a small change along with something else we havnt noticed to make this a 4th gen PT111?

RICHARD WE NEED SOME HELP HERE SIR!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts